SOLD Ordering parts from Australia. What are common items folk in the US are looking for (FJ60 & 62 parts only). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclark

GOLD Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Planning an order for items from Australia. I can get more bag for my shipping dollar by adding additional items. What are some things that are commonly needed off 60’s and 62’s? Not trying to start a side hustle, just looking to help off set shipping.

Last edited:
Door cards from that one company that sells the particle board ones? FF rear axles? Barn doors? Terrain tamer stuff? New Roofs if still available over there? I'm sure there's more stuff.

Planning an order for items from Australia. I can get more bag for my shipping dollar by adding additional items. What are some things that are commonly needed off 60’s and 62’s? Not trying to start a side hustle, just looking to help off set shipping.

The savings in shipping costs arent realized until you fill a shipping container

If you get to that point I'm in for a FF 70 disk rear diff and a set of Terrain Tamer parabolics spring set for a 40 series

Unless you have boots on the ground a majority of folks who get used parts out of australia, especially 40/60 series stuff get burned. People have been trying the container things for 25 plus years with limited success. Marv Spector was THE GUY for years as he got good stuff. I guarantee the full floaters are crap.

I guarantee the full floaters are crap.

For me it's worth the gamble. From the 1975 model on FF rear axles were standard in the Australian market. Not all of them are bad. Have one from either a FJ40 or BJ42 and one from a 84 HJ47RV. Both those are in decent shape. Same with a HJ47 H41 and BJ42 H55F from Australia. The 45/47 FF axles were available cheap at one time. These can be converted to hand brake using FJ60 semi floating axle parts sold in the US. Unfortunately over the last couple years prices have gone up and availablity of parts has gone down. I do agree on have to be careful who have in Australia. I have a couple of friends over there. I also got lucky and got my parts from AUStoUSA before things went south. I still have more parts there I still need to get ships.

this guy is looking for 60 series ambulance doors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom