Orange Dot Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc said:
I purchased my upgraded orange dot from slee. Way better than the OEM orange dot.

ah you got ripped. Dots are out. I got the upgraded Slee Long Travel Kit.

aka " The Red Stripe"

:grinpimp:

tech dog, your engine bay is way too clean!

What would be a good trail fix for the Orange dot? I would hate to be out with the family and have an orange dot go on me out on the trail. :confused:

tarbe said:
Can you do a DVD for this? I'd buy it.

I'm not sure the pics will keep me out of trouble.

Yea, hopefully if he does do the d v d, he wont reverse the way the sticker faces!!! Doh! Doh! and Double Doh! :D :flipoff2: :D

One more thing to save up for:beer:

HELP!!!!!

I cant find orange dot rplacement in the FSM. I looked three times (cause the third times a charm) and no luck. I want to do it right the first time and I am concerned about how many foot pounds of pressure should be applied while pressing on the dot?

Buck
A man in a dotless world.

Hey dog, you missed the boat this one. There was a recall on those dots and the dealer would have replaced it for free.

sounds like a dot. com -edy!

Because of the high interest in this mod, I maxed out on my daily data transfer limit and the linked pictures were temporarily unavailable.

I apologize if anyone ran into problems mid-install. I just upgraded from my free hosting plan so the links are working again. Go back and check your work if necessary.

I'll get a DVD out as soon as possible, and will be offering phone support as an upgrade option to the DVD.

:popcorn: :beer:

In my defense, I posted this mod about two hours after my 5 year old daughter had a birthday party at my house. I think I needed some "garage time."

Last edited:
joker said:
how many bananas is this mod. i think i'd better wait til i can get some expert help...

Please re-read the writeup.......:rolleyes:

No bananas were used. :whoops:

The Slee dots are yellow..............:doh: and he offers a dual-dot kit.

cruiserdan said:
Please re-read the writeup.......:rolleyes:

No bananas were used. :whoops:

The Slee dots are yellow..............:doh: and he offers a dual-dot kit.

It is obvious to me from the first photos that tech dog has a blown dot gasket.

How much is the OEM DG rebuild kit?

:mad:

I thought the dot thing was Land Cruiser only and not applicable to the LX 450. I just got back from the local Toyota dealership only to be told that they couldn't replace my dot with a Toyota dot.

Their techs spent several hours in futile attempts to remove the dot only to tell me that my Lexus dot is much more complicated than the Land Cruiser dots they're used to diagnosing.

The damned bastids are now expecting me to pay for their failed attempts at replacing the dot.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess I need to have the Lexus guys look at it.

Hey CDan, I might need to hit you up for a price on OEM adhesive -- Lexus usually charges a premium for this stuff.

Just got mine replaced at the Lexus dealership in New Orleans.

On the way home I got 24 mpg & the exhaust is much quieter.

The only downside was the price. Not only was the Lexus dot more expensive ($1349.95 installed):eek: , but they have to use a special tool to apply it due to the high humidity here.

Thanks tech_dog :cheers:

NorCalDoug said:
:mad:

I thought the dot thing was Land Cruiser only and not applicable to the LX 450. I just got back from the local Toyota dealership only to be told that they couldn't replace my dot with a Toyota dot.

It's a lie. The Lexus part is a "bump" not a "dot". It's just some extra cladding but the Toyota dot will work

These Lexus guys are taking you for a ride as they know you guys are high-rollers.... It's well-known that the Lexus dots are pink... :doh:

I am a newbie.. Can's wait to get my dot inspected, and ordering up a new one from slee :wrench: That dot mod seems to be up to my technical abilities :bang:

I am a newbie.. Can's wait to get my dot inspected, and ordering up a new one from slee :wrench: That dot mod seems to be up to my technical abilities :bang:

I wish I would've found this mod for my first post. Is there a special S/C dot too?

No.

The dot needs to be scraped off. The A/F ratio is jacked if you leave it in place.

I'd prefer to repair the original dot I have. Is this a serviceable part or is it replacement only?

Discountable through CDan; replaceable but not serviceable, unfortunately. :frown:

I think mot can get the JDM version of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom