For Sale or Trade: Clean 1982 FJ40 - Mostly Stock with a Few Mods – San Diego (1 Viewer)

Back on the market....

Alright, I'm putting the 40 back on the market. We need something bigger for the family. I updated the ad at the top of this listing.

New components in the past month include: new brake master and fluids; new clutch master, hose, and fluids; new clutch, related bearings, machined flywheel; new rear main seal, oil pan gasket, transmission input seal; new u-joint; new gear oil in tranny, transfer, diffs.

Open to trades for an 80 or 100 that I can build into an expo rig.

Thanks.
DSC03679_small.jpg
Clutch2.jpg

Yea I live in la and seen this fj40 on craigslist and ebay. I would be interested if I didn't have one allready. To bad this one wasn't for sale 6 mths ago when I bought mine. In my opinion this is one of the best looking fj's for sale in the area. good luck!

Yea I live in la and seen this fj40 on craigslist and ebay. I would be interested if I didn't have one allready. To bad this one wasn't for sale 6 mths ago when I bought mine. In my opinion this is one of the best looking fj's for sale in the area. good luck!

Thank you for the kind words. Just got a fresh wash and detailed yesterday. All ready for a new home. Offers anyone?

Thanks.

Decided to sell my Accord DD instead, so I think I am going to keep the 40 as my new DD for now. Thanks.

:popcorn:Hah- I knew this was coming.

Adam- you have a nice rig and I can tell you from past experience- you'd be kicking yourself later on for selling it. But I also understand the logic.

Good Luck

Hey Tim, I have actually enjoyed driving it daily. My commute isn't very long, the Aussie locker in the rear has been pretty transparent, and with all of the new steering, brake, and clutch components, its driving as well as it ever has.

I don't really want to sell it, as I know I will be missing it A LOT, but I really want to take advantage of this time when the kids are little so I want to start getting out there on family camping trips.

Plus, I already made a deal with the wife that I would get another 40 down the road when the time was right. Then I could have two toys (another 40 to go along with the 80/100). :idea:

nice bud, u going to buy an 80? saw you the other day on the way to work....

Yeah, I am going to miss it. I pretty much built it to where I wanted it to be, and its running the best it has since I have owned it, but its time to go bigger with an 80 or 100.

I already told the wife that I would be getting another 40 sometime down the road, and she is pretty cool with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom