Opinions on Value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've been considering buying another rig to replace mine, so am trying to figure out the value of mine were I to sell it.

So those of you that know my rig, chime in if you don't mind.

I have $6000 in my head (if I fix the front locker and replace the crank pulley) for a relatively quick sale. The rig I am considering already has a 4x4 labs with no swing outs, so I would swap the rear bumpers.

What do you guys think? Am I off (+/-)? It is obviously super capable, but no queen for sure.

Purely looking for opinions. Not going to argue with anyone at all.

Thanks!

Mike

Never hurts to ask. Ebay prices are super high on these. Your graphics may be a negative to the general public.

What's wrong with yours? What would you be looking for in a new rig? With minor body damage high miles with lockers I'd guess you would end up lower than your estimate.

I feel like in modified rigs it takes a while to find the right buyer that sees value in each mods the way you do otherwise they just see $$$$ to change and modify.

I've always wanted to sell a vehicle on ebay just never pulled the trigger.

What's wrong with yours? What would you be looking for in a new rig? With minor body damage high miles with lockers I'd guess you would end up lower than your estimate.

I feel like in modified rigs it takes a while to find the right buyer that sees value in each mods the way you do otherwise they just see $$$$ to change and modify.

I've always wanted to sell a vehicle on ebay just never pulled the trigger.
The one I'm considering has 5:29's, chromollies, 37's, marlin crawler gears, and new leather, (it's in the classifieds), and is already rhino lined. The gearing and tire size is the direction I want to go in, and after selling the cruiser and jag, I think I'd be a little ahead, with a generally nicer rig.

I sell quite a few cars/motorcycles on eBay every year that typically exceed the top maket pricing. I know your girl well and would fix the easy stuff, pull the graphics if able, price it at $6,750 and write a big story book telling all the good and bad. Don't think MUD is the place to sell it, list on eBay. I'm "that" guy that writes a 10 page short story on all vehicles and always leads with a tag line like "If you're looking for a typical worn out or beat on cruiser then don't waste your time...if you're looking for a heavily modified 80 owned and wheeled by someone who has a sickness for the marque then read on...it's long but will tell you everything you'll want to know plus more". Never fails, somebody pays me too much for something because I remove any and all questions on their expectations. I never oversell but always over inform. I also always put in my phone number in the description (parts spelled out) and warn folks I don't answer emails due to spam...call if you want to discuss. You'll still get idiot low ballers but resist the temptation to email back. You told them you don't respond so don't, it'll be a waste of time and only frustrate you. 99% of everything I sell is sold on the phone direct and when they start asking to negotiate I simply state I will deduct $250 that eBay would charge me as a final value and sell direct. If they call they're real and usually sells to the first guy that calls. I encourage them to buy thru eBay to have some form of retribution if they want to leave feedback but most everyone takes the $250 and my word. Never disappointed a buyer with brutal honesty. Helps to have a large number of feedback and 100% rating.

Also I take 40-50 pics and host off line on photobucket so I can insert them HTML in the description as full size pics. Always placed in an order like you are walking around the rig and finishing off with the ugly stuff...never hidden. Seems obvious I know but so many people simply don't know how to set themselves up for success. End of the day, buyers want confidence in their purchase and the person selling it. Not enough details, small pics, pics jumping from view to view all lead to less excitement. Almost forgot, I also add that "I have an excellent shipping resource and can get this dropped off at your door for $400-$800 depending on where you live from KC". Many people want to buy off eBay but have no idea how to get the truck to them and they don't expect it to be free. Rarely does anyone fly in to drive home anymore...I ship almost everything. I know you have contacts but i can set you up with my guy too if needed.

I sell quite a few cars/motorcycles on eBay every year that typically exceed the top maket pricing. I know your girl well and would fix the easy stuff, pull the graphics if able, price it at $6,750 and write a big story book telling all the good and bad. Don't think MUD is the place to sell it, list on eBay. I'm "that" guy that writes a 10 page short story on all vehicles and always leads with a tag line like "If you're looking for a typical worn out or beat on cruiser then don't waste your time...if you're looking for a heavily modified 80 owned and wheeled by someone who has a sickness for the marque then read on...it's long but will tell you everything you'll want to know plus more". Never fails, somebody pays me too much for something because I remove any and all questions on their expectations. I never oversell but always over inform. I also always put in my phone number in the description (parts spelled out) and warn folks I don't answer emails due to spam...call if you want to discuss. You'll still get idiot low ballers but resist the temptation to email back. You told them you don't respond so don't, it'll be a waste of time and only frustrate you. 99% of everything I sell is sold on the phone direct and when they start asking to negotiate I simply state I will deduct $250 that eBay would charge me as a final value and sell direct. If they call they're real and usually sells to the first guy that calls. I encourage them to buy thru eBay to have some form of retribution if they want to leave feedback but most everyone takes the $250 and my word. Never disappointed a buyer with brutal honesty. Helps to have a large number of feedback and 100% rating.

Also I take 40-50 pics and host off line on photobucket so I can insert them HTML in the description as full size pics. Always placed in an order like you are walking around the rig and finishing off with the ugly stuff...never hidden. Seems obvious I know but so many people simply don't know how to set themselves up for success. End of the day, buyers want confidence in their purchase and the person selling it. Not enough details, small pics, pics jumping from view to view all lead to less excitement. Almost forgot, I also add that "I have an excellent shipping resource and can get this dropped off at your door for $400-$800 depending on where you live from KC". Many people want to buy off eBay but have no idea how to get the truck to them and they don't expect it to be free. Rarely does anyone fly in to drive home anymore...I ship almost everything. I know you have contacts but i can set you up with my guy too if needed.

Awesome, great info, thanks Dave!

We're at $14k for the new rig, and then deduct whatever I get for my cruiser and the jag, so I'll have to talk over a little more with Rach tonight. Really want to pull the trigger, but the amount of $$ in our savings account directly correlates to my wife's mental health.

Thanks for the input guys. A little bird talked some sense into me. Even though we have the cashflow to pull the trigger, will stick with my rig and get it all fixed up. At the end of the day, it is tested, and I know every little thing that has been done to it over the years. No real big question marks with it.

I need to get the rear bumper off and cut out some of the rust that is forming on the lower portions of the rear quarter panels (behind the corners of the rear bumper), fix the front locker, change out the crank pulley, and clear the sunroof drain on the driver's side...monstaline, etc...

....then we need to plan another week long trip for this year!!!!

Thanks for the input guys. A little bird talked some sense into me. Even though we have the cashflow to pull the trigger, will stick with my rig and get it all fixed up. At the end of the day, it is tested, and I know every little thing that has been done to it over the years. No real big question marks with it.

I need to get the rear bumper off and cut out some of the rust that is forming on the lower portions of the rear quarter panels (behind the corners of the rear bumper), fix the front locker, change out the crank pulley, and clear the sunroof drain on the driver's side...monstaline, etc...

....then we need to plan another week long trip for this year!!!!
Great choice. Planing is already started.......

Great choice. Planing is already started.......
Like x1000....looking forward to some serious trail therapy. Let me know if I can help with any planning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom