Events/Trails Open Invite Throw-down on Rug Road 1/11 - 1/12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weather update 2019-12-28
More snow the last few days
7D_33595-small.jpg

I am pretty sure I will join on this trip. Pretty much my favorite camping spot in Arizona!

would Anybody want a co-pilot? I want to see this trail but I don’t want to run it with my fj40.

you can ride with me if you want, but I will be going out turkey creek back to Phx. Won’t be running the trail back to mammoth

Can I bring a friend to this? He has a 4Runner and I'm trying to convince him to join the club.

Just over a week left til we make this run. Any meet up point recommended by either @ARJMN or @Stepmurr . Gas fill up and ready to roll by what time?
There are a few large camping spots just inside the State Trust boundary on Copper Creek road outside of Mammoth.

Friday night should be interesting if anyone wants to camp.

5E979711-4DDB-4E26-A5BD-8F95AF81C448.png

Look skyward on the night of Friday, January 10, 2020, to spot the first full Moon of the year: the shining Full Wolf Moon. The full Moon will rise from the horizon around sunset that day.

Last edited:
If it's not snowing again. ;)

There are a few large camping spots just inside the State Trust boundary on Copper Creek road outside of Mammoth.

Friday night should be interesting if anyone wants to camp.

View attachment 2171444

Look skyward on the night of Friday, January 10, 2020, to spot the first full Moon of the year: the shining Full Wolf Moon. The full Moon will rise from the horizon around sunset that day.

I’m game for camping Friday

I’m game for camping Friday
I’ll head across the river tonight and check the campsite conditions.

Last time I checked one had a large dirt area (mud issues) and the other had grass and cholla (dog & kid issues).

Both require state trust permits to legally camp.

Last time I checked one had a large dirt area (mud issues) and the other had grass and cholla (dog & kid issues).

I may camp friday that is TBD... I also need to update my permit. Thanks for the reminder.

Both these sites are within 1.5 miles of pavement.

The first two pictures show the grassier, chollaier site - more mud than i remember tho.

The second two photos show the larger, muddier site with the chollas farther from the center area.
7D_33613-small.jpg
7D_33614-small.jpg
7D_33617-small.jpg
7D_33618-small.jpg

Well cholla don’t bother me. What do you think CJ
Looks good to me, just need permission to get away Friday! I’ve been approved for Saturday and Sunday. Lol

Just over a week left til we make this run. Any meet up point recommended by either @ARJMN or @Stepmurr . Gas fill up and ready to roll by what time?
I would say fuel up and meet at the gun range to air down and rool out to the Rug Road entrance. I was planning to be rolling on RR at 9:00am, so if we meet at the gun range at 8:00am, we should be good.

I am working this weekend to reinstall my Tcase and fix my shifter, so cross your fingers that all goes my way, and the 80 is rolling by Sunday evening.

Can I bring a friend to this? He has a 4Runner and I'm trying to convince him to join the club.
Bring him on! This is an open invite. I will have 2 co-workers in non-Toyota rigs along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom