ONSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be a cold day in hell when you see me driving something with no suspension that fast, crazy!

Be a cold day in hell when you see me driving something with no suspension that fast, crazy!
Well it’s brisk today. But it’s not quite frozen over
CD7DA3AB-2F4E-41F6-B8B0-19259EDB3179.png

https://jalopnik.com/this-may-be-th...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Cool sighting of one of the rarest and fastest yotas around.
I remember seeing this thing at a large car show at the toyota racing booth. I didn't know much about toyotas back then, other than desert racing trucks that were all over the place, and thought that is pretty cool. I think toyota actually sold the body kits for MR2s at that time also or someone did if i'm remembering that right.

It was interesting thinking back that toyota didn't go with their proven 503 engine which made about 250 more HP than this. Especially since it was similar to the 3sgte that was in the MR2. But they were really trying to prove their lexus V8 could hang with the big boys i'd imagine..... it can those things are stout and can make a ton of power but sadly is hard to do for the average person being that yota ECUs really can't be cracked or programed so a full stand alone is in order... which wasn't on the average car guys radar back in the 90's.

Last edited:
I was watching Caffiene and Octane last night, and they showed a Scion Xb that had a supra drivetrain underneath. Front and rear subframes were supra, turbo'ed drivetrain was supra, and they had all the original scion dash and accessories functional. Was pretty cool to see.

I was watching Caffiene and Octane last night, and they showed a Scion Xb that had a supra drivetrain underneath. Front and rear subframes were supra, turbo'ed drivetrain was supra, and they had all the original scion dash and accessories functional. Was pretty cool to see.

but it still looks like a scion xb???? Should have just put the 2jz and V160 into a sc300/400 already has the same subframes.

Last edited:
yep, still looked like a scion xb. if you would have put some plain wheels and cheater slicks on the rear, it would have made an awesome sleeper.

Not quite as impactful as the Ford Fiesta Shogun that the builder had brought. Stuffed an SHO motor into a festiva, right over the rear tires. Only thing original ford on it was the front doors. Everything else had been massaged or fabbed by the builder guy. He was a hoot. Beck Reproductions.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think he built 7 of them. Jay Leno has one. THat dude was a character on the show. He cranks out some amazing car projects. he also had a lambo v12 powered motorcycle too.

Chuck-Beck-Motorcycle-with-a-Lamborghini-Espada-V12-03.jpg

rbkfnw9gb2aokv0zjpd0.png

One of the smartest brains and quickest wit ever has left us. Never let his disability get in the way of anything.

Incredibly expensive but man would this be awesome for a kid

tetwo-shop

My father was a junker. He would pick up all kinds of things for free and bring it home and make something out of it and either use it or sell it off. When he retired he knew every trash route in his area, pick up day etc. He went around in his PU grabbing bikes. His garage looked like a well stocked bike shop. He broke them down, picked a good frame to build and built a bike from good parts. Painted etc. Half these bikes were damn near new when he picked them up. When done he gave them away to kids that needed a bike.

All that said. When I was 7 or so my father rolls in with this rocket plane pedal car. We called it "The Rocket". Big POS and falling apart. It was like brand new when it was done. He made the nose cone open and boxed it in for a spot to carry stuff. Coolest thing ever! I have a soft spot for pedal cars, thank God I am not a collector, those things are pricey, old and new.

Well last week I shared a couple videos of my daughter singing in NYC. So today I present my oldest son - college freshman/principal bassoonist for the Appalachian Symphony Orchestra. He's the one in the back row center

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom