Builds One World, One LX Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

According to @gaijin the RTP is 35psi for the E rated KO2s on the 2013 LX. Also, if I remember correctly, he says that 35psi is the minimum that should ever be run for an E rated on a 200 series.

If one wants to know what @gaijin says, one should ask @gaijin ;)

First, there are several sizes of E-Rated KO2 tires that do not have a RCTIP of 35psi - see my signature for just one example. If someone wants the RCTIP for a specific size, then feel free to ask and I will respond.

Second, you are partially correct. No LT-Metric tire, regardless of Load Rating or size, should ever be run below 35psi at highway speeds.

I'm here to help - all one has to do is ask.

HTH

First, there are several sizes of E-Rated KO2 tires that do not have a RCTIP of 35psi - see my signature for just one example. If someone wants the RCTIP for a specific size, then feel free to ask and I will respond.

Well now I feel like an imbecile, considering I'm running the exact set up in your signature and still asked for RCTIP. :doh:

Well now I feel like an imbecile, considering I'm running the exact set up in your signature and still asked for RCTIP. :doh:

Hey, there is no such thing as a dumb question - I guess my answer to your post will be no surprise.

HTH

This forum is so great, everyone is so helpful!

@gaijin generally speaking for the same size tire (e.g., 285/70/R17), are P rated tires supposed to be at a higher or lower PSI than LT rated ones? I wonder if the added stiffness of E-rated tires is partially offset by the lower PSI they can run on. And perhaps most ride harshness complaints can be explained by people inflating their tires to the max 80psi.

UPDATE: I found my answer in the Toyo doc:
WARNING! Please note that size-for-size, LT-metric tires require higher air pressures to carry equivalent loads of P-metric tires and that any failure to adjust air pressure to achieve the vehicle’s load requirements will result in tire fatigue and eventual tire failure due to excessive heat build-up. Due to the higher PSI requirements of LT-metric tires they may not be suitable for replacing O.E. P-metric tires because of the ride harshness that results from higher PSI requirements.

So with P->LT you get both stiffer tires and higher PSI.

If one wants to know what @gaijin says, one should ask @gaijin ;)

Second, you are partially correct. No LT-Metric tire, regardless of Load Rating or size, should ever be run below 35psi at highway speeds.

I'm here to help - all one has to do is ask.

HTH

Yes, sorry. I should have been more explicit that I was referencing 35 PSI for my LT 285/75R17 121/118S E BFG KO2s on my YM LX. I know that the RCTIP for the same exact tire can be different even for the same YM LC and it is always best to confirm rather than guess, which is why I always @ you as I certainly don't want anyone taking my word for it ;)

This forum is so great, everyone is so helpful!

@gaijin generally speaking for the same size tire (e.g., 285/70/R17), are P rated tires supposed to be at a higher or lower PSI than LT rated ones? I wonder if the added stiffness of E-rated tires is partially offset by the lower PSI they can run on. And perhaps most ride harshness complaints can be explained by people inflating their tires to the max 80psi.

OK, "generally speaking" (and I don't like to frame any statement with that caveat), P-Metric tires will have a lower RCTIP than an LT-Metric tire of the same size.

For example:
The RCTIP for LT285/70R17 tires on an LC200 is 40psi F/R.
The RCTIP for P285/70R17 tires on an LC200 is 27psi F/R

But the world is not made up of only P-Metric and LT-Metric tires, there are also ISO-Metric tires which come in two varieties - SL (Standard Load) and XL (Extra Load or Reinforced). These may also require different RCTIP for the same size tire, but one must also know the Load Index of the tire to accurately determine that.

For example:
The RCTIP for 285/70R17 SL 116 ISO-Metric tires on an LC200 is 33psi F/R.
The RCTIP for 285/70R17 XL 121 ISO-Metric tires on an LC200 is 32psi F/R.

Not a big difference in this last example, but does not diminish the point that it is always better to determine accurately The RCTIP for a specific tire/vehicle combination than just generalize (otherwise known as "guessing").

HTH

You know what I would absolutely love to see?

A picture a day of this beautiful rig, and same for a lot of the members on here! It’s inspiration for me.

Even a picture of it sitting in the driveway will suffice!

Sorry Dangcat. I’ve been slacking off lately. This is a shot from the wilds of the San Francisco peninsula which is the best I can do today. We are heading to the mountains next week so I should have some more aesthetically pleasing shots then 😉

317A1643-0274-4939-9537-E009A3950213.jpeg

You need a hybrid badge on that thing driving around SF. That, or a “This vehicle runs on organic hydrocarbons” sticker of some sort.

Sorry Dangcat. I’ve been slacking off lately. This is a shot from the wilds of the San Francisco peninsula which is the best I can do today. We are heading to the mountains next week so I should have some more aesthetically pleasing shots then 😉

View attachment 2382105
Beautiful!!

I don’t hold anyone’s past against them, so don’t worry. However, from here, if you want to keep this Doctor away, then it will cost ya a picture a day!

Also, remember, it’s not the LC that compliments the background, it’s the background that compliments the LC. If I wanted to see pictures of the SF peninsula, I’d go on google and search for SF peninsula.

No brother, we come here for the pictures of the LC, it’s really a different kind of beautiful, and could care less if it’s sitting in front of a Mountain or a Toilet; those are just distractions.

Mud, I need you to back me up here, Or else deal with my wrath for the days with no pics!

7/26: 33 minutes left until the day is over, still no sign of today’s picture. 32 now. Tick Tock.

Last edited:
Sooooo.....after a long summer where I was traveling so much I probably got to sleep in my own bed 3 times, the time came for us to pick up the truck from Dissent Off-road. We had my in-laws with us and so decided to spend a few days in Tahoe after picking up the truck. I knew that I would be able to find some time to get on a trail to check everything out. I was insanely stoked to have the truck back.

This round of mods involved replacing the front and rear bumpers with Dissent aluminum/hybrid bumpers. Mine was the first LX to have these bumpers installed and it was mostly a straight fitment with a few minor tweaks which I will get to. First though, why did I choose Dissent bumpers? My goal with my truck is to maximize utility while also minimizing weight. I don’t do enough rough stuff to warrant lots of excess steel hanging off the ends of the truck.

An equal priority, and the main reason to replace the bumpers in the first place is to improve clearance. While I’m sure that most after-market bumpers can provide improved clearance from stock, Ben’s front bumper is hard to beat for approach angles. Yes, the trade off is that it looks very minimalistic. I happen to like that more than a beefy bumper. I’m not mad max and don’t plan on driving through any roadblocks anytime soon.

Finally, I wanted a winch, and I wanted to move the spare out to the rear. Pretty much any bumpers would have filled these needs though.

For the record, the truck was spotless clean when I picked it up from Ben.

View attachment 2328996View attachment 2328997View attachment 2328998View attachment 2328999
I just realized my face is hurting from smiling the whole time reading this build. 1. It's freaking awesome, well done! 2. I'm purchasing my first LX tomorrow and the lack of mods that I have found have had me 2nd guessing my choice. After reading this, I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow and get after it! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I can do the same here one day very soon.

I just realized my face is hurting from smiling the whole time reading this build. 1. It's freaking awesome, well done! 2. I'm purchasing my first LX tomorrow and the lack of mods that I have found have had me 2nd guessing my choice. After reading this, I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow and get after it! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I can do the same here one day very soon.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum. I highly recommend the Official LX Pic thread as well. You should post as soon as you get shots of your new ride.

OK, so I saw a video on YouTube just now. Is it really as simple as loosening those screws and sliding them down? Does it increase full height or does it make the normal setting higher?

Hope you don’t mind me answering this for you.

It raises all settings by up to 1.25 inches, I have seen people report different numbers, but at least .5 inches for everyone. I made a quick video a while back to show people where to find the sensors.

If you want an additional .8 inch, then the car does have a “extra high mode”, achievable through messing with settings in techstrean. @radman has a write up thread on it. There is also a good thread on getting techstream up and running in 5 mins on here.

Last edited:
Hope you don’t mind me answering this for you.

It raises all settings by up to 1.25 inches, I have seen people report different numbers, but at least .5 inches for everyone. I made a quick video a while back to show people where to find the sensors.

If you want an additional .8 inch, then the car does have a “extra high mode”, achievable through messing with settings in tech steam. @radman has a write up thread on it.

Ha! This is the exact video I just watched. Thank you! Does alignment need to be done after doing this?

Ha! This is the exact video I just watched. Thank you! Does alignment need to be done after doing this?

small world, and my pleasure bud!

Yes, anytime you raise or mess with the geometry you do want to re-align it. I felt a difference right away.

Last edited:
I miss the updates. Willing to forgive for not posting daily pictures, might consider Settling for bi-annual pictures at this rate.

small world, and my pleasure bud!

Yes, anytime you raise or mess with the geometry you do want to re-align it. I felt a difference right away.

Don't forget to zero point calibrate after as well. The dealer should do this with each alignment.

Don't forget to zero point calibrate after as well. The dealer should do this with each alignment.
I did not know! Thanks for this as I am sure firestone did not know either. Got myself a good read for later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom