One less 80 series in the world (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The great news is everyone walked away. The bad news... well, you can see for yourself....

Unfortunately this is most likely going to be my last 80 series. This particular 80 was truly a gem and ran flawlessly. It was the only vehicle I've ever owned which I never got bored of or even considered selling. But life is full of surprises and my 80 sacrificed itself to protect a spouse and 2.5 children.

I hope one day Toyota will reproduce the magic of the 80 series but I'm not holding my breath. Loved and cared for 80s are becoming much harder to find and are worth every penny most sellers are asking.

I've picked up a 100 series to help fill the void but it will never replace an 80.

Take care of your 80s people!

lx450totaled1.jpg

lx450totaled2.jpg

lx450totaled3.jpg

lx450totaled4.jpg

lx450totaled5.jpg

lx450totaled6.jpg

lx450totaled7.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, glad you all walked away. I'm gonna go give mine a kiss, the wife and kids probably too.

First glad you all walked away. Sad to see such a clean one get hit so hard.

Buy it back and save its memory. Some one on here would buy it just for the parts like your E-lockers if you didn't want to scrap it out yourself.

Wow, glad to hear everyone is OK although I am sure they are shaken up. Can you give more details as

to what hit it and how fast they were going? Looks like the sliders may have prevented some more

serious damage.

Wow, talk about tough, the windows aren't even broken and that looks like a nasty T-bone. I am glad everyone walked away ok. Passenger compartment looks almost untouched. Just another reason I need to find another one for the wife to drive.

Happy to hear everyone was ok. Looks like there’s a lot of good parts on there. Hopefully your rig’s parts will go to help keep others running, enjoy the Hundy. I know I like driving the 100 Series better as a daily drive then the 80. Smoother ride, less maintenance, more creature comforts, more power and better gas mileage.

Last edited:
Good to see that the airbags still functioned properly.

glad yall are alright.

from the impact I would have expected that rear passenger tire to be pointed the other way.

That looks like a bad impact... glad everybody is OK. An accident with my kids in the car is a scary thought.

Sorry bout the 80, glad all of you are ok. Sure that slider helped a lot from the hit.

Nice to have a real structurally sound body and some mass wrapped around your family when you are on the road. That was a hard hit. Be glad you were not in anything less solid. Looks to me like the Cruiser paid back every penny you ever spent on it in that one instant.

Mark...

Thanks for the kind words and support. Everyone was very fortunate in this accident. I was not there but got a call from the wife right after it happened and she sounded pretty calm. I had no idea about the severity until I saw the Cruiser with my own eyes. :eek:

Buy it back and save its memory.
Already sold it to insurance. The engine is definitely cherry if someone does pick it up.

Can you give more details as to what hit it and how fast they were going? Looks like the sliders may have prevented some more serious damage.
I'd estimate 45MPH frontal impact from a van into the side of the Cruiser.

I would have expected that rear passenger tire to be pointed the other way.
I'm told the Cruiser went airborne and landed 10 feet from the spot of impact. It almost rolled over but landed back on it's wheels.

My condolences on your loss, although I'm happy it did it's job protecting your precious ones.

Dang, and it was green, too.:crybaby:

Lots of worse things you could swap for than a 100. :cheers: Me, I'd go for another 80, but I'm kinda old school -- and hope I never have to shop for another one under such circumstances.

Dittos (glad y'all are ok and sorry about the 80).

In the auto circle of life, it was my '95 Range Rover who sacrificed herself to save me and my son almost a month ago. That lead to the 80 that I have now.
Image10242012182048.jpg

Good to see that the airbags still functioned properly.
I've seen several pics of frontal accidents where the airbags dont' deploy so I was surprised when I saw these did.

In the auto circle of life, it was my '95 Range Rover who sacrificed herself to save me and my son almost a month ago.
That's a decent dent there. How do you like the 80 compared to the RR?

.... That's a decent dent there. How do you like the 80 compared to the RR?

I only had the RR for about 10 months, but I loved it off-road. However, as advertised, it was quirky and expensive to repair (at least $2k during that time). I've only had the LC for three weeks, but I liked it better on the pavement right away. Off-road, the LC is heavier than the RR and I can tell it (new shocks may fix that); however, it's gone everywhere I've wanted to go so far, including several trails that I took the RR down. And, I'm counting on it being way more reliable and cheaper to repair when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom