OME Leaf Spring Clamps??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a my passenger side front leaf spring stack has shifted - springs have moved so a couple of longer leafs are net stacked straight. I get an occasional clunk from the front leafs when cornering, and that got me looking at the springs. I have tapped them into alignment, but they will shift back over time.

The U-bolts are torqued correctly, and it is always the front passenger side that moves. The spring bushings are almost new, and spring clamps are tight with good plastic on the sides. The cross bolt seems a little to far from the top of the spring, but...what is the right distance?

The springs have 2 spring clamps on them, but looking, the clamps appear to be too far from center and not clamping the longer of the spring stack. I'm not talking about the short heavy bottom springs, the clamps are missing the 2/3's long leafs.

There are only 2 clamps - 1 front and 1 rear. Searching shows some with 2, 3 and 4 clamps, some at the ends like mine, others clamping more leafs.

I looked at OME site, and they don't say, and show pictures with several numbers of clamps and locations...What is correct?

p1020026-jpg.903696

I have he same problems with my 3" heavys I got used but only in front. The "clunk" is surprisingly loud.

That would do it! I may try that Saturday.

I'm going to move the spring clamps towards the axle so they clamp more of the springs in the packs. As is, mine only clamp the last 3 long springs, and it's the lower sections that move.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom