OME Bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO installed an OME kit from Man-A-Fre about three years ago.

I recently started getting the notorious suspension clunk. Checked u-bolts, and greased everything to no avail. It got me wondering if someone had changed out the bushings to the the non-grease-fitting style. The bushings in the truck now are all black. It looks like the OME ones that are designed for the grease fittings are bright yellow. Am I barking up the wrong tree? It seems like the grease doesn't really go anywhere when I grease the shackle bolts....if I force more in, it just squirts out of the fitting when I remove the gun.

Our Dobinsons bushings are black and have a different way of holding the grease. But even without greasable bushings I would think the grease would go inside and squish out from the pin side, not from the fitting. Maybe the fitting went bad? Or maybe there's some gunk inside blocking the grease from pushing through?

Here is what our bushings look like inside:

0tHfS0d.jpg

Oh, and yeah, all the OME bushings are yellow.

PO installed an OME kit from Man-A-Fre about three years ago.

I recently started getting the notorious suspension clunk. Checked u-bolts, and greased everything to no avail. It got me wondering if someone had changed out the bushings to the the non-grease-fitting style. The bushings in the truck now are all black. It looks like the OME ones that are designed for the grease fittings are bright yellow. Am I barking up the wrong tree? It seems like the grease doesn't really go anywhere when I grease the shackle bolts....if I force more in, it just squirts out of the fitting when I remove the gun.

Suspension bushings done need that much grease, just a enough to keep it from squeaking and extend bushing life. If you have a clunk in your suspension that is due to a bushing being bad greasing it will do nothing. Replace that bushing.

a guy I know fairly well, found the bushing sleeves were making noise on his springs, They were fairly new and were exchanged at no cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom