Builds Oman -> SoCal 1995 FZJ75 Troopy (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paul, the wheels turned out amazing! I'd love to see side shots with them installed. I might do the same setup on my troopy. Such a clean looking wheel. well done!

Don't have a ton of side profile pics but here they are!

8EAE8FA6-F8DE-4538-B5DB-510F68782D05.jpeg

D1CBA7A2-1530-40C4-BE7A-9CF89EB3D170.jpeg

I'd say you need to find a quality old-school radiator shop to have the one you've got recored and repaired. My dad just had his '69 FJ55 radiator recored and modified to fit his 3FE install... and the old school shop here in Phoenix did an amazing job. It'll cost you, but it'll be done right.
Amayama seems to be coming through in the clutch with part number 16400-66021. They have apparently confirmed availability and sent me a payment link. Fingers crossed. If this doesn't work, going to go the custom route.

In the process of removing the dash to upgrade the A/C to include heat, as well as clean things up and figure out how much creative wiring is in my vehicle.

I'm trying to remove the cooling unit from the vehicle, but need to disconnect the refrigerant lines.

What's the easiest/cheapest way to not put refrigerant into the atmosphere? Third pic is the lines going through the firewall into the cooling unit.

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4428.jpeg

Thank you for thinking environmental friendly.
Easiest and unfortunately only sustainable way is to have an AC shop remove it.
They collect it and it gets recycled.
As it is an evaporative gas, there is no DIY method to remove, capture and store it.
But only removing it shouldn't be so $$.
Depending on your local regulations and the environmental pledge of some companies it might even be for free.
Worth asking anyways.
Cheers Ralf

Thank you for thinking environmental friendly.
Easiest and unfortunately only sustainable way is to have an AC shop remove it.
They collect it and it gets recycled.
As it is an evaporative gas, there is no DIY method to remove, capture and store it.
But only removing it shouldn't be so $$.
Depending on your local regulations and the environmental pledge of some companies it might even be for free.
Worth asking anyways.
Cheers Ralf
Unfortunately my troopy is in pieces right now, so it cannot go anywhere. Just trying to see what I can do to depressurize the system to get the cooling unit.

Amayama seems to be coming through in the clutch with part number 16400-66021. They have apparently confirmed availability and sent me a payment link. Fingers crossed. If this doesn't work, going to go the custom route.
Well, let down again. After waiting for 3 weeks, Amayama suddenly said their supplier "didn't have one".

Ordered this radiator online, hoping it fits. If not, will continue to search. 4ROWAluminum Radiator For Toyota LandCruiser FZJ70/FZJ73/FZJ75 1FZ 4.5L 92-99 MT | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/284902041085

Anyone have a lead on part# 8712860080

It's the grommet that is supposed to go around one of the heater hoses through the firewall.

They definitely are available Paul, if not as new OEM, then on the ground at the scrap yards. They are the kind of thing that you find lying on the ground in front of you. I'd think even US toyota parts suppliers would have no trouble. Are you having difficulty, Paul?

They definitely are available Paul, if not as new OEM, then on the ground at the scrap yards. They are the kind of thing that you find lying on the ground in front of you. I'd think even US toyota parts suppliers would have no trouble. Are you having difficulty, Paul?
Yes, unavailable from all the standard places. Partsouq, megazip, amayama.

I can probably fashion a different grommet to work I suppose.

Now to get the hoses:

8724560410 HOSE, HEATER WATER, OUTLET A
8724560400 HOSE, HEATER WATER, INLET A

The heater hoses are a no go, because the valve has been replaced with another part number and doesn't have the 90* bend.

However, the replaced part number valve DOES fit. it bolts to the firewall with the cotrect bracket and has the cable hold in the right place

The heater hoses are a no go, because the valve has been replaced with another part number and doesn't have the 90* bend.

However, the replaced part number valve DOES fit. it bolts to the firewall with the cotrect bracket and has the cable hold in the right place
This is the valve assembly I ordered.

thats the updated replacement, the original in our rigs had a 90* bend so you only needed a 90* hose, now you need to get a 180* hose, easy peasy hose readily available, like this

Great, thank you. Going to be a learning experience.

you'll need a 90* hose also and put the two together for the distribution pipe off the engine, but thats the only hose you need to mod.

dont forget, most of this stuff is readily available from the 62 series with 3FE, no need to spend copius amounts of money shipping these parts from overseas

you'll need a 90* hose also and put the two together for the distribution pipe off the engine, but thats the only hose you need to mod.

dont forget, most of this stuff is readily available from the 62 series with 3FE, no need to spend copius amounts of money shipping these parts from overseas
My troopy has the 1FZ-F, most of the other parts not available stateside from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom