Oil filter cap sneak peak (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Prototype #3...

image.jpg

Brian, please explain the features. Looks like a built in drain with a valve, not sure about the threads from the bottom or am I just not seeing it right

The drain valve pictured is an optional EZ Drain oil valve. I believe it is made by Fumoto, but has a couple small improvements over the original design. A regular hex drain plug is standard for those that are uncomfortable with the locking ball valve design. The threads you see are for a nipple to screw into so a hose can be used.

The six point 2 1/2" wheel bearing nut socket will not get stuck/jammed, deform, or damage the cap.

Inside, the stock filter support tube and bypass valve can be retained (for the warranty weary), or a high performance bypass unit for use w/ internally supported filters (TRD, Mobil 1, and more) is available.

Thanks for the info and appreciate the R&D. So for the 2.5" socket to work, the valve comes off I am assuming. Is it normally in or out and if out what covers the hole?

I am an engineer by trade so I ask a lot of questions :D It generally irritates salesemen

I love questions from both informed and uninformed people... I guess I'm not much of a salesman. :D The wheel bearing socket is a very deep design, so the valve remains in place permanently. Open the valve, drain the oil, close valve, unscrew the cap. It's quicker and less messy. The valve is rated for over 250 psi continuous, and has been taken over 700 psi w/o failing... A nice 4 or 5 times safety factor at max oil pressure.

Very nice. Thanks for answering my question. Is that the same size as I use on my front axle for the 80 and 100 series, 54mm; a conversion on google shows it equal to 2.12 inches?

I like the design. so I guess you have a fumoto valve on the drain plug too?

Lol, I actually considered making the hex 54 mm so many would already have the socket. I went with the 2.5" for a few reasons. The thickness of the part in the lower area where it has the most stress during removal. To give extra clearance between the socket and drain valve during removal and install... I don't want the socket touching the valve... Ever. Last, it's a fairly common and inexpensive tool used on F150 front bearings.

Yes, I use Fumoto and EZ Drain for oil pans...

Darn, thought I'd found a use for a like new 54mm socket I've had since my 80. ;)

I'll take one of those when you are ready to sell - thanks man

I want one!

Nice. That's going to make changing the oil so much easier. I have the Fumoto valve already for the oil pan but the filter change is a pain and always makes such a mess. Please explain what you meant though by not needing the support tube and bypass with a TRD filter. I use the TRD filter and it slips over the support tube. Is it not needed?

Last edited:
NICE, very Nice...

This would probably work on the Tundra 5.7L, also.

Nice Brian, I assume you lose the internal scavenging magnet with either the Fumoto or standard valve, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom