Oil cooler to water pump line replacement question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
During one of my super late night web searches I believe I read a thread that said there was a hose replacement for the hose and pipe combo that runs from the front of the oil cooler to the water pump. Unfortunately I didn’t save the thread… or this could have been a dream?! If it’s based more in reality than a dream, anyone know of the part number?

7FEA3AC3-064F-470F-BE51-6372A9C1188C.jpeg

I don't know about a hose replacement, but City Racer sells those pipes for a very good price.

Reactions: OSS
Just buy the molded to fit hoses that attach to the thermostat housing from Toyota. The rest of the loop you can do with 5/8th inch heater hose. I used Gates 28491 in a 6 foot section for about $17 dollars from Amazon. It was plenty to do the loop and then some. That's less than $3/ft. Or you can buy from Toyota and pay $10/ft and still have to cut to fit your straight pieces. The metal piping for the cooler loop is available too but expensive. I replaced mine but honestly I could probably have just taken it off and polished it up. If you have to have everything concourse correct, go to Partsouq and drill down to the schematic and order the hose sections.

McGeorge Toyota sells it for $12.45 but prob another $10 to ship. So for one piece you could buy all the straight pieces from Amazon. If you have a membership you could get it shipped free. If you work on other vehicles you could buy more in bulk like a 50 ft section and pay even less per foot.

Thanks @g-man
I also found this thread on post #23 there’s a nice break down cross-reference.

Thanks @g-man
I also found this thread on post #23 there’s a nice break down cross-reference.
in that thread...post 34 shows some clamps that are great for hard to reach places...like under the a/c compressor getting the heater hose connected to that pipe. those clamps come with a release so just put it in place and pull the release...no ratcheting or screwdrivers to tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom