||| Official YT For Sale/Trade/Wanted Thread ||| (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thinking on selling my collection of parts manuals. Seen them go for 100-300 a piece. Looking to sell the whole collection. $1000 for all of them if picked up locally. If I end up having to ship them I may end up separating and selling for a little more. Located in Orange, MA

669E9DD2-59F9-42FC-BC36-F74A6B4BE810.jpeg

I personally am a big fan of the Aisin carb. Been running the same Jim C rebuild on the engine in my 40 for the past fourteen years with nary a problem. Regarding Weber carbs- if you have a good one it's great. I think the Weber uses a little more fuel than an Aisin but neither is fuel sipper on a 2F engine. Most Weber conversions use a cable linkage which is not as bullet-proof as the stock mechanical linkage but I've seen cases where the stock linkage has been adapted to use with the Weber (Karl Jurgeliewecz's truck for instance). Going to a Weber also means you're going to a much smaller air cleaner- having smaller cleaner is good for access to everything else but offers less filter area than the stock air cleaner. Bottom line, six of one a half dozen of the other. I'd stick with an Aisin.
And I think I have a used Weber in the garage, it's yours if you want it no charge.

Thanks Guys,
Looks like I will keep researching. Felicity spoke well of the City Racer. I can check out the Jim C option as well.
Desmog is complete. .
I think I got the manifold leak taking care of and the header fits so I got a leak around the carb to look at. Once these Holidays are behind me I should get some time to tinker.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,
Looks like I will keep researching. Felicity spoke well of the City Racer. I can check out the Jim C option as well.
Desmog is complete. .
I think I got the manifold leak taking care of and the header fits so I got a leak around the carb to look at. Once these Holidays are behind me I should get some time to tinker.
Carbs R Us in Torrington does Aisin carb de smog tunes as well. Talk to Scott.

Anyone have a line on a pair of upper ball joint boot kits for a 100?
Part number 43324-69085

No local dealer has them and am hoping to avoid Febest

Spoke to the Kurt at Carbs R Us. Very friendly and knowledgeable guy. Now just got to AAA the truck over there. Thanks for the recommendation.
He also said there was an old lady looking to unload a 1976 FJ40. She wants it out of her yard. Probably a barn find. Wish I was closer.
Carbs R Us in Torrington does Aisin carb de smog tunes as well. Talk to Scott.
[/QUOTE

Spoke to the Kurt at Carbs R Us. Very friendly and knowledgeable guy. Now just got to AAA the truck over there. Thanks for the recommendation.
He also said there was an old lady looking to unload a 1976 FJ40. She wants it out of her yard. Probably a barn find. Wish I was closer.
Glad you spoke to him. I need to get a carb over to him as well. And I’ll be calling him Monday about the 40. Thanks :)

Hey everyone, I need some help with an LX450. I'm looking for a passengers front outer fender, and a source for exhaust parts ( first section from manifolds back). There will be more but thats a start for the project. Thanks in advance JD

Thanks Guys,
Desmog is complete. .
I tried a few yrs ago to get ahold of Jim C and still never read my email .

I am selling two welders that I have, I am posting here before I toss them on Craigslist next week. I am only selling them because I purchased a Multi process welder to replace both of them with one unit.

Both machines are made by Miller:

1. MIG welder - Millermatic 140 with Autoset, 115 Volt. Comes with a cart and mig gun and regulator, does not come with gas bottle. This is a great welder, I have owned it for several years, works great, probably have some consumables to include.

2. Stick/Tig - Miller Maxstar 150 STL dual voltage - I have owned this one for a probably 6 years and have never used it. It is capable of doing TIG, you would need to purchase the TIG setup for the machine. This ones comes with a carry box.

I am asking $500 for each welder, Mig machines comes with a cart. If you are interested I can send pictures via text. Both welders are located in Chelmsford, MA. Send me a text or call if you would like more information. (603) 521-0251.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
Glad you spoke to him. I need to get a carb over to him as well. And I’ll be calling him Monday about the 40. Thanks :)
Truck still has a manifold leak somewhere in the back near the header. Impossible to get to without removing everything again. Guess it’s warped somewhere and needs to have everything machined before I put it back on. Going to pick it up today and drive it home. Should be a nice bonding experience on the open road from Thomaston to Mystic
I’m just going to put a 350 small block in it. My other neighbor said he has one sitting in his garage. Lol

Truck still has a manifold leak somewhere in the back near the header. Impossible to get to without removing everything again. Guess it’s warped somewhere and needs to have everything machined before I put it back on. Going to pick it up today and drive it home. Should be a nice bonding experience on the open road from Thomaston to Mystic
I’m just going to put a 350 small block in it. My other neighbor said he has one sitting in his garage. Lol
Double gasket and be done with it. If you sell the 2F, I’m interested. Don’t overthink it, it’s a glorified tractor.

Did
Double gasket and be done with it. If you sell the 2F, I’m interested. Don’t overthink it, it’s a glorified tractor.
He thinks it’s somewhere around the heat riser plate but he’s not 100% sure?
I did Reflex gasket which is really thick. Hopefully after I drive it around for a couple weeks I can put a wrench on everything again and tighten it up.

Did

He thinks it’s somewhere around the heat riser plate but he’s not 100% sure?
I did Reflex gasket which is really thick. Hopefully after I drive it around for a couple weeks I can put a wrench on everything again and tighten it up.
I had the same problem with my blue truck. Did Kevlar SOR gasket, leaked. Put OEM gasket on against head, Kevlar after, bolted back up and put 50k on without leak. Had it apart more times than I liked, had to anondize header too, but it solved my problem and was sure easier than pulling and machining head, replacing headphones, or replacing motor :) Drive that baby! Awesome you’re so close! Any news on that 40 near him? I Need to call still

I had the same problem with my blue truck. Did Kevlar SOR gasket, leaked. Put OEM gasket on against head, Kevlar after, bolted back up and put 50k on without leak. Had it apart more times than I liked, had to anondize header too, but it solved my problem and was sure easier than pulling and machining head, replacing headphones, or replacing motor :) Drive that baby! Awesome you’re so close! Any news on that 40 near him? I Need to call still
Made it back alive. Kept the choke out one notch per Kurt's advice. It ran fine the whole way. Not a single stall out. Had a great ride. Wife said I was doing 75MPH. Hard to believe. Kurt was very nice. I wish I had more time to hang out and chat.

Anyone have a valve spring keeper for an F engine? I lost one and need to put the head back on asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom