Official 35" and under!! Post pictures!! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had Cooper STT Pros before I got the ST Maxx. The STT Pros straight from the installer were great for the road and were fantastic in wet or soft conditions. After some mileage, the tires were cupped and loud as hell. I replaced them in 2019 with the ST Maxx and after 10K+ miles still love them. The ride is quieter and smoother both on road and offroad and they have 95% of the offroad traction of the STT Pros. The only issue I've had is that they slip and slide in mud but the compromise is worth it.

View attachment 3341246

The ST Maxx Achilles heel. Slippery wet clay. Both Toyo MT's and General MT's climbed this same section with ease.
View attachment 3341248
Yea man, they are awesome tires. I have the
I had Cooper STT Pros before I got the ST Maxx. The STT Pros straight from the installer were great for the road and were fantastic in wet or soft conditions. After some mileage, the tires were cupped and loud as hell. I replaced them in 2019 with the ST Maxx and after 10K+ miles still love them. The ride is quieter and smoother both on road and offroad and they have 95% of the offroad traction of the STT Pros. The only issue I've had is that they slip and slide in mud but the compromise is worth it.

View attachment 3341246

The ST Maxx Achilles heel. Slippery wet clay. Both Toyo MT's and General MT's climbed this same section with ease.
View attachment 3341248
Yea man, the Maxx's are an awesome tire. I had the Cooper M/Ts before and they were so loud. Now I have the Maxx's on my Taco and Cruiser. They're so much quieter and do great off road. I daily my LC so I wanted a cool aggressive tire that was great on road. Love your rig.

Yea man, the Maxx's are an awesome tire. I had the Cooper M/Ts before and they were so loud. Now I have the Maxx's on my Taco and Cruiser. They're so much quieter and do great off road. I daily my LC so I wanted a cool aggressive tire that was great on road. Love your rig.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing about your rig. I've got to get mine painted at some point. The powdercoating on the ARB is looking a bit drab and my clear coat is starting to fade away. I would love to have clean rig like yours.

BFG KO2 295/75/16. Stealth custom F5 16x8 -25 offset. Old man emu 2.5 medium lift 851/860 no spacers. 2” Delta VS radius arms and rear pan panhard bracket.

IMG_0809.jpeg
IMG_0822.jpeg
IMG_0818.jpeg

Last edited:
I would not say they are quiet. Not a humming big tread noise but a whining noise? It’s not annoying, it’s just there.
They wear incredibly well though, in 6000 miles they have worn 1.5mm’s. Pretty fantastic in the rain, not as good as my Wildpeaks off-road. Very heavy-duty tire, it’s a commercial tire.

Reactions: 2JG
I think this is the appropriate thread to ask in. I’m running 285s now and want to go to a 35. Anyone running a 35 with out regearing?

Yes, lots. You'll probably be fine in New Jersey. I managed in Colorado. Biggest hurdle is finding a good spot for your spare, IMO.

I think this is the appropriate thread to ask in. I’m running 285s now and want to go to a 35. Anyone running a 35 with out regearing?
I haven't regeared. I don't have first hand experience driving a rig with 35s and new gear ratio so I can only say I'm used to my set up and although could be better I wouldn't know. Little slow up long freeway climbs.

I am but have the 10% underdrive gears to install. Flatlanding is ok, but not great. Search for gearing on 35's and you can find many threads on it, so we do not clog this one up. Thanks

285/75/R16 KO2"s

IMG_1938.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom