OEM Winch value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an OEM winch that the PO converted to a hydraulic drive. Anyone have an idea of what this is worth? The hydraulic pump was driven off the saginaw power steering pump. I never used it so I don't know if the setup worked.
1676920628641.png

1676920654142.png

1676920681521.png

The market varies a lot, people will pay whatever they think it’s worth, but they are worth at least a couple thousand dollars. I’ve seen some sell for 3500+

I think that modified one is just value of it’s weight of iron. You can get OEM winches $150. I have one laying somewhere under the snow… and the second one which is from my BJ42 and going back on it.

is there something I’m missing? I was under the impression OEM 40 winches were borderline unobtanium. I’ve seen people spend thousands on them

What makes one worth 150?

Funny in the late seventies early eighties watching a few people.use both PTO and electric winches (non on Toyota) made the decision the PTO winch was the right choice for me. In 1983 paid $500 for a complete setup for my 68. It even has the flip lock for transmission tunnel. Over the years acquired more winches. Non more than $250. Plus a couple vehicles with winches. Neither was even close to $3,500. Both bought between 2004 and 2009.

Unless that pump is capable of reversing flow that is a cable in only winch. At least on the single direction later PTO you can put the transmission in reverse to cable out. So to me the the hydraulic part is worthless. Your in a position you need to release tension off the cable to dig out or remove a rock you going have fun figuring a safe way to do that. What is left is the winch itself without angle iron pieces and wedges. Unless all four mount feet are in tact and input shaft is still undamaged adding that adapter not much value there. I would probably paid a couple hundred for a good housing with four solid mounting feet. But I also have bits and pieces from PTO winches I've collected over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom