“OEM” FJ40 1/2 Door Tutorial (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ended up purchasing the OEM weatherstripping from SOR and will be cutting it down. This project for the doors was on hold for awhile, but I should have the doors back soon to install. I’ll post photos as soon as I’m finished.

Jason-

I've used the replica weatherstripping from CCOT and have cut that down in the past and I've also sourced some "sticky back" foam from McMasterCarr. The commercial foam is pretty good but not a form fit so you have to play with it quite a bit to get it right.

Thanks for the tutorial, looks like you did a great job!

Came back to this thread cause I'm thinking about making half doors. Figured I'd post the Rock n' Reed 1/2 doors mounted.

Sweet rig fellas!
22AA4D13-4075-40E1-B800-61708325466D.jpeg

815899EA-587C-41F1-A48F-785836AEFB19.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, guy's an artist. Bet he never wanted to make another pair!

Geez, crazy complex on the newer style doors and his even more so trying to incorporate old bits of the frame and what not. I think I'll stick to the E-74' versions

Have doors with damage window frames to make half doors but going between style verses function. When the window is open on a hard door it's a perfect level for a armrest. While the standard half door design works for the body lines dropping to the tub height in the back it doesn't work as a armrest. :meh:

Have doors with damage window frames to make half doors but going between style verses function. When the window is open on a hard door it's a perfect level for a armrest. While the standard half door design works for the body lines dropping to the tub height in the back it doesn't work as a armrest. :meh:
I wonder if you wouldn't mind the armrest being a little lower than the window opening.
On the way to work this morning I began hatching a plan to get some pads made from the same material as my upholstery for the 1/2 door arm rests. That way the lines of the steel will line up better with the lines of the body, the actual armrest cushion will be a little taller, and it should mitigate some of the arm scorching skin to steel contact. Maybe you can have both.

I haven't even had a chance to document my truck being back on the road for the last 2 weeks, but when I get caught up, and if I add the arm rests next week, I'll post up what I'm talking about.

Get after it 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom