October ROTM - Casner Trail & Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm planning to bring some pollo asado, tortillas, and pico and making up some street tacos for Saturday night... Not sure how many people are camping, but i'll bring a few pounds of pollo so hopefully it'll feed everyone.
That sounds great to me! Can I bring anything?

I'm feeling like my Dutch oven apple crisp recipe needs some perfecting from last time so why not use you all as guinea pigs? ;) what's the worst that could happen...? And I've decided to take @Saddletramp's advice and buy some legitimate Dutch oven liners, and so obviously their utility needs to be tested under some real serious conditions.

So far it sounds like we have:
Pollo asado
Tortillas
Pico
Tortilla chips
Dessert

If people wanted to bring stuff, might be nice to have but not totally necessary...:
extra tortillas?
Guac?
Salsa? (Mild and hot?)
Sour cream? (I hear this comes in a handy squeeze tube now!)
Shredded cheese?
Disposable plates/bowls/utensils
What else?

Anyone keeping track of roughly how many people will be camping? I don't like counting, it hurts my brain.

I still have all the unused bowls, plates, and utensils from last months run. I am not going on this one, but if someone on the west side is going I can drop them off.

I still have all the unused bowls, plates, and utensils from last months run. I am not going on this one, but if someone on the west side is going I can drop them off.
I'd be glad to take them. I'm at 83rd & Deer Valley. PM me to coordinate.

I'm trying to work it out so I can camp, but even if I can't I'll show up at Safeway to meet y'all in person.

Sorry... I have all the fixing for the street tacos - pollo, guac, onion, cilantro, tortillas, cheese, salsa, and limes... I have about 5lbs of chicken and a ton of tortillas...

:eek: :cheers: you get all the awards for this run!

I think we are all set then if @Dimples and @Mattman are able to coordinate the paper products handoff....

I love it when plans come together at the last minute. @LongDuck may also bring his Dutch oven and we could have cobbler and crisp. Now if someone had a freezer, we could bring some ice cream.... @brices123

See many of you tomorrow night and then Saturday morning.

looks like a great trip unfortunately Kracken and I wont be able to make it between work bad brakes in dire need of a tune-up and about a million other issues. but take plenty of pics yall

I love it when plans come together at the last minute. @LongDuck may also bring his Dutch oven and we could have cobbler and crisp. Now if someone had a freezer, we could bring some ice cream.... @brices123

See many of you tomorrow night and then Saturday morning.

Ill pick up some ice cream! I can stick it in the bottom and turn the temp down. looking forward to the feast!

a lot of us are SO ready to get back to the outdoors now that summers fading. heck, I'm even bringing a jacket.

good times ahead

I am bringing some carne asana, not sure how much but probably 3 pounds, some bell peppers and I have some tortillas to throw in too.

a lot of us are SO ready to get back to the outdoors now that summers fading. heck, I'm even bringing a jacket.

good times ahead

I would sure to bring a warm sleeping bag as well. 34 Yesterday and 35 this morning. It was up to 53 by 8:00 this morning so maybe a warming trend. I know it's suppose to be hot in the valley today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom