October ROTM - Casner Trail & Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran this trail last year, it will not dissapoint,
Great views and one iconic uphill switchback section that will really test your cooling systems,

I'll leave a spot free for someone else but definitely in for camping

If I can pull a 3000# trailer up the switchbacks and not overheat anyone should be able to make it. (Disclaimer - that is not a guaranty that nothing will happen).

Well if my wife makes it and @Pitch's wife makes it along with the others they may take over! There is an AZFJ event this weekend that is a dutch oven cookoff. It will be nearby. Maybe we should raid it! We can run off with the women and children too...

Last edited:
A back off ?

Damn Autocorrect. They are cooking stuff and having a contest. So that might be called a COOKOff. but who really knows. Just go with it. The key info was we should attack and pillage their temporary village!

I'm interested in either the camping and runs, or just the camping if the runs are limited. I'm not sure which part of this trip has the limitation, so watching for more details. Thanks for settingu P another great ROTM!

Bake off.......I was remembering the guy standing in the woods with his pants around his ankles at Apache Maid having a whacking good time. I was trying to connect Tanya, @Pitch and backing contest.

I feel much better now, raid, plunder, gorge and satisfy. " the pirates life for me". Captain Chris are you leading this raid?

Captain Chris are you leading this raid?

Hell yeah I will lead. Those fools know me.. even more foolish they like me! So we should be able to get pretty close before the mayhem commences. I'm changing my screen name to DoubleAgent. We'll do a #6 on em....

There is an AZFJ event this weekend that is a dutch oven cookoff. It will be nearby. Maybe we should raid it!

Mtkreitz showing the proper "fill my plate" raiding technique. :hillbilly:

2012_04_29_Martinez_Cabin_44.jpg

Saddletramp and myself cooking up on the 2012 AprilROTM

In for two nights and can tail gun or lead as necessary. Looking forward to this run.

I am in for camping and any runs there is room on. I will go up Friday after work to camp for the weekend! Sounds like fun!

Chris and his FJ will be the fabeled Trojan Horse.

I come in peace. and when I say peace I mean PIECE! Gimmie a piece of that Dutch Oven Cobbler and a piece for the rest of my CSC friends.

I am personally upset no one commented on the "We'll do a #6 on em" Damn you people have you not watched Blazing Saddles 100 times?

Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

I will leave the rest up to you since some might be offended.....

Removed the you tube video, it might not have been family friendly. Apologies if anyone took offense

Our men, women and children beaten, our cattle graped. So much in one movie

Last edited:
Blazing Saddles set the standard by which all other movies were judged for political correctness. Slim Pickins was classic as was Gene Wilder, Harvey Korman and Clevon Little. All of them are gone, laughing it up from the great beyond

I come in peace. and when I say peace I mean PIECE! Gimmie a piece of that Dutch Oven Cobbler and a piece for the rest of my CSC friends.

I am personally upset no one commented on the "We'll do a #6 on em" .

I figured it was just the old Mud #6 step which is drink a :beer:, didn't see how that was going to help during the raid. Spilling beer is party/raid foul. Before and after, sure.

Craaaap, I totally missed this post. Put me on the list for a potential lucky few...I'll definitely be bringing the kids up for camping, loved this run and the camp site last year!

Looks like this run is full but I hear the camping is nice so I'll likely join for that at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom