O R I O N (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do it Matt! Bite the bullet. It is a fun project. There is lots of information in this thread from Poser, Georg and many others.

Last edited:
For those without an Orion, do you wanna see how the Orion crawled matching up with H41 tranny, 4.11 diff gears, and a 2F engine? The truck was pretty much idling in 1st gear before the climb then I stepped on the pedal. The Orion did well, no popping out of gears. Hope this helps.

Built a few more in the last month.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

For those without an Orion, do you wanna see how the Orion crawled matching up with H41 tranny, 4.11 diff gears, and a 2F engine? The truck was pretty much idling in 1st gear before the climb then I stepped on the pedal. The Orion did well, no popping out of gears. Hope this helps.

Can you tell me the ratio of your 1st gear on the H41? I'm considering an NV4500 with Orion and 4:56's, but seeing your video with 4.11's, it looks like you do just fine.

H41 is around 4.9:1 ratio in first gear. I have a spare one now, just needs a rebuild :). I've got an H41/4:1 Orion, 4.1/35s combo and it crawls fantasticly!

I have a NV4500, Orion 4:1, and stock 4:10s. It's plenty. I run in 3rd and 4th with the Orion in low most of the time on the trail, but I can shift to 5th for those times when we hit a gravel or paved road between trail segments. Real serious tracks can require 1st or 2nd.

Much thanks, good to know. I was planning an NV4500 with a 6:34 1st, Orion 4:1 & 4.88 or 5:29's & 35's, but now I'm thinking that maybe overkill

I have a NV4500, Orion 4:1, and stock 4:10s. It's plenty. I run in 3rd and 4th with the Orion in low most of the time on the trail, but I can shift to 5th for those times when we hit a gravel or paved road between trail segments. Real serious tracks can require 1st or 2nd.

That's what i'm going to end up with when completed. I assumed the 4:10s would be low enough with that combo.

Did you call them to ask?!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

How is AA about availability and shipping? I ordered one a week ago and they still havent taken the money from my account or shipped.

I ordered from them in last spring and mine was back-ordered twice. I decided to get a quote from BTB, then canceled my order with AA. My order with BTB was delivered in two days, but only because it was available to head out the door.

AA shipped me a kit late last week.
I built the case for a fellow mudder and sent it off to him yesterday.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

image.jpg

Sorry if this had been covered before but how much am I looking at price wise for an Orion? Assuming I can't build it but I can probably take my transfer case out and re install it. Or would it be cheaper to go for a h41? I'm running a 2f with a 4 speed, 35's and 4.88's.

Thanks

The Orion isn't just geared lower than the stock case but since it utilizes a cast steel case, it's also substantially stronger and eliminates case breakage.

Send me a message if you're interested in a quote.

Hth

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

hey Georg ,I'm just curious why the sealed bearing and is that locktight i see used on the gaskets or something else?

i know i used a sealed bearing on the front of my t-case in my AA adapter to keep the oil in the case but why there on the end of the input shaft under the cover ,again just curious ..

see your pic . thanks .

I need to get one of these also .

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom