Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know you mean new ones, but the 70 series came out in '84... anything up to August '92 is now fair game without much drama at all.
Not to mention, the '92 is old school and cool. :)

I am very skeptical by nature(and life) but it seems like a lot of work and expense to pull off a scam....I guess I don't see the end game if its a scam. What would it be? a bunch of deposits on 70's that will never show up? would seem like you would need to take a ton of deposits to make it worth while, someone has spent a good chunk of $ already to get where they are at now. (assuming its not ALL smoke and mirrors)

surprised
someone hasn't called the guy at the OK 4x4 place and ask whats up?

don't worry...I am only on the "hopeful" med's for a few more days.....;)

it seems like a lot of work and expense to pull off a scam....

Indeed it does, but it also seems like their claimed approach doesn't cover the necessary requirements of importing for legal, permanent, passenger vehicle registration. They claim they have developed some heretofore unknown emissions technology (perhaps they should sell it Volkswagen to fix the tens of thousands of TDIs), but they have not proposed how they get crash safety approval, something you can't do with two trucks.

Indeed it does, but it also seems like their claimed approach doesn't cover the necessary requirements of importing for legal, permanent, passenger vehicle registration. They claim they have developed some heretofore unknown emissions technology (perhaps they should sell it Volkswagen to fix the tens of thousands of TDIs), but they have not proposed how they get crash safety approval, something you can't do with two trucks.

IIRC, destroy 5, get one for free.

:lol:

Not disagreeing with you guys on almost all points (over 30+ pages) And my BS meter(which normaly works well compared to the amp meter in my 82 fj40) says something ain't right in Land Cruiser Land but just can't see how or why do this as a scam.

Not disagreeing with you guys on almost all points (over 30+ pages) And my BS meter(which normaly works well compared to the amp meter in my 82 fj40) says something ain't right in Land Cruiser Land but just can't see how or why do this as a scam.

I agree a lot of work but I dont believe for a minute as they claim its not for the money. The past of these guys says its all about the money. From the 1st set of lies on the EBay auction where no question would be answered without an email address to now, strange.

Then why the lack of transparency and the inability to provide simple information they claim to have since the auction almost a year ago?

I said it before and I will say it again, if I sell one -- to myself -- or ten or 100 or 1,000, I will be a happy man because this effort will have been a success.

but just can't see how or why do this as a scam.

Indulge me in a theory. This is just a theory for entertainment purposes.

It's documented that Mike Papp drummed up a bunch of deposits for vehicles that were never imported in a previous scam. This part is not theory lol.

Google "L79 America" or "Michael Papp" and you get some nasty stuff (including this thread). So you change your name to "LC America" and your figurehead to someone else with a clean "google record".

Say you're at SEMA or some other big car event where there are guys with money and you have a "new" 70 series on display to advertise that you're selling legalized vehicles. Look, this one's already here, of course it's legal! You have a deposit contract, you can search LC America and find some online buzz, might look legit to someone who's not intimately aware of vehicle import. So you set a deposit price, not too high that people are scared off but not too low that your take isn't worth the risk. You collect as many fish as you can through similar events over the next year. All the while, you're "working" on bringing in the first production units. You get people to put up the money to order their trucks. You tell them they're on the way! They get excited and suddenly a few more people send money to order their trucks. You tell them they're on the way! You stretch this out for a year while there are "shipping delays", "red tape problems", and other "issues". When people start having their lawyers send nasty letters, you fold up the empty shell corp because by this time you've already funneled out all the money and there's nothing left anyway. You send out a heartfelt apology about how you tried so hard to make it work and the jerks at ih8mud were so mean that it just couldn't happen. You take your money and move on to the next scam.

I've already said I want LC America to succeed in legalizing and importing Land Cruisers. I want a VDJ200 for my wife and a VDJ79 for myself. But at every single opportunity to squash the skeptics, they've mostly responded with tirades and insults. A little paperwork and a site visit to see these two trucks would end all the speculation and get an entire community behind them.

IMG_1430.JPG

John ... not related with the discussion of the legality but can you share a pic of the engine bay ?

I'm extremely curious about the space between turbo and frame, and steering shaft ..

Sure Tapage --

Here you go. As far as the space between the turbo and the frame and between the steering shaft and the frame is concerned -- there is not much! My rough measurements give us almost no space between the turbo and the frame and about 40mm / maybe an inch and a half between the steering shaft and the frame. Hope that helps. Thank you for actually asking a question! Can you share with us why you were checking on those tolerances?

Thanks,

John

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG

No Tall Poppy, that is a 2017 70 Series LC79 registered in Colorado.

Again for all those following this show a registration, title and license plates does not mean the vehicle is federally legal to be on the roads. In many states if one really wanted they could get a bathtub with wheels registered! As these vehicles are not being brought into the country by Toyota anyone buying one should demand a copy of the import documents to keep on file and any legal legit company would be more than willing to furnish these with a purchase. A license plate makes it look official but its the paperwork or lack there of that could drain your bank account in the event of an accident. Not a slap on the hand when driving a vehicle not federally approved especially if there is a death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom