Not cooling my seat enough (re: seat cooling) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
I have a 2013 GX 460 Premium with the heated/cooled seats.
The seat heaters are AWESOME! They warm up fast and to a good temperature!
The seat coolers on the other hand are little in want. The few times I've used them I don't really feel anything on my back or bottom.
Is there something blocking air flow?
Can the fan or whatever generates the air flow be upgraded? I'm an engineer, so it doesn't have to be a factory upgrade. If I can figure out the "where and what" I may be able to come up with something to increase air flow.:idea:

Heck! Maybe even plumb my dual ARB compressor into the seats air line!! That may make me float like a puck on an air hockey table!!:hillbilly:

Seriously, anyone done anything like that or have the same issues?

Ive noticed that it works best with all the windows up and the AC on. For some reason if the windows are down I don't feel as much of the cool air. That being said, the seat fans are rather weak.

I'll have to give that a try, windows up, sunroof closed and A/C on. Not sure if I had those conditions set when I used it. I usually drive with the sunroof open.

If the air intake is under the seat, I probably do not want my HAM radio to be on when I'm trying to cool my breeches.
I have my HAM radio mounted to my driver side front seat rail, under the seat.

This print may do the job

Anyone try this yet?
I'll have to see if the STL will fit on my printer build plate.

This print may do the job

Kind of funny (or not) that this fellow "above" who sells the STL file to print yourself charges $6.00 for the file and you can print as many as you like, BUT as stated on his webpage, "This file is to be used for personal prints, and resale of the file or prints made from the file is prohibited."

And this guy "below" is selling the exact same printed parts from above. I don't see any connection between the two as being the same person. I hope the person below has an agreement with the designer! Or the same person/designer is using a different name for both websites.
Available on Etsy for those that don't have a 3D printer.

Last edited:
I noticed my seat fans weren't doing much the last few days. I am asking a friend to print one of these. I'll report back as well with how much it helps.

Ordered it. Will see how it works and report back. This hot-ass (literally) Texas summer is a force to be reckoned with.
NE Texas checking in here in anticipation of your tests. My RAM 2500's vented seats are amazing...my craw has gotta be cool

Last edited:
I thought about purchasing the print but need to know if bigger than my plate.
I think it'll fit on most all FDM printers except the cheapest ones. My only printer I have now is just a resin printer. Albeit, it is 4K and a large build plate, but still not as large as the main stream FDM's. If/when somebody gets theirs, can they give just a couple of dimensions?
My biggest concern is width.

NE Texas checking in here in anticipation of your tests. My RAM 2500's vented seats are amazing...my craw has gotta be cool

42225026-79F4-4D13-8669-F4EAC97D829A.jpeg

Looks like it will be a few weeks. Will update once received and installed.

I wonder if a real short length of dryer duct around the fan hanging down over the vents would be sufficient?

I wonder if a real short length of dryer duct around the fan hanging down over the vents would be sufficient?
The hanging down section would still need to be positioned forward to catch the cool air coming from the front.
Also, have any of you tried setting your A/C to just your feet and than use the seat cooler? This will push all the cold air to the floor and thus under the seat.
You can actually feel a difference, although not huge, but it is noticeable.

The hanging down section would still need to be positioned forward to catch the cool air coming from the front.
Also, have any of you tried setting your A/C to just your feet and than use the seat cooler? This will push all the cold air to the floor and thus under the seat.
You can actually feel a difference, although not huge, but it is noticeable.
The real solution is a fan with higher RPM+CFM. Any details on the size of the fans in the seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom