For Sale Northern Virginia: 2006/Lexus/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I figured to share this here with the community to get some feedback from you all.

2006 Lexus LX 470
160,xxx miles
All maintenance records (+80 pages of dealer/ service invoices in folder)
Clean Carfax report
zero issues
Most recent service was fuel filter, iridium spark-plugs, heater T's, wheel alignment, air filter, wheel balance, synthetic oil change (done under 500 miles ago)
AHC works perfectly with +8 graduations measured in the reservoir (fluid regularly changed, bleed, ahc pressures adjusted to factory tolerances)
Timing belt service done at 130,000 miles
Iphone lightning connection (charge+ play audio)
-----------------------------------------
The truck is very smooth and I'm sad to see this leave. Let me know if I'm missing anything. I have it listed for $17600 and would love for another Ih8mud member to enjoy this one! I have no issues with working with someone from out of town/state.

link for more pics/ info:

-Aaron
703-380-3551

20190206_131215.jpg

20190206_131243.jpg

20190206_131330.jpg

20190206_132146.jpg

20190206_135920.jpg

Totally forgot about those under-body pictures! I just took these two minutes ago. Definitely curious what you guys think about the overall condition down there. This DC snow has not been good to us! haha

Also forgot to mention, the truck comes with the Slee AHC override switch that allows it to ride in any three settings(low, normal, high) without any speed restrictions. It fully functions but I never use it.

And lastly, only selling due to wanting to get either a LX570 or 200 series Land Cruiser! So I'll definitely be interested in trades plus cash on my end.

20190206_154923.jpg

20190206_154957.jpg

20190206_155005.jpg

20190206_155015.jpg

20190206_155025.jpg

OP did you sell the taco that you had for sale?

mgoblue,

I decided to sell both my LX470 and Tacoma to consolidate towards a new LX570 or Land Cruiser. The Tacoma sold in 4 hours yesterday!

So the LX470 is left, I've responded to personal messages and calls. Even if you guys are not interested in buying, would love to hear more feedback on the truck and what you all think about it!

20190206_131226.jpg

thanks aharlan001,

I've had a few offers at $15k-$16.5k. hmmm getting warmer!

I'm lowering my asking price to $17k to ih8mud members. Want to the next owner to really enjoy and use this!

20190206_171037.jpg

Hey guys,

I had a sale that fell through today due to the buyer :( I'm lowering my price to $16,500 for mud members.

Working on getting into a 2019 Land Cruiser soon. Let me know what you guys think about the truck- I'm all ears and would community input on this one!

Good looking LX, minimal rust for where it is.

6 months ago I would have scooped this up, if it was 100% rust free I'd probably scoop it up now even though I'm not in the market. I'm surprised no one has picked this up yet ... I guess there it's just too much rust for the purists out there ...

Might've been sold, i don't see it on Craig's list anymore

FxFormat,

I went ahead and removed the ad on Craig's List as I had to rethink pricing and my approach to whether I'd sell or not.

Not in a rush, just will likely have two Lx's, which isn't the worst idea...

BUT

It is still available. The truck is well sorted, has minimal rust for this DC area, has had the timing belt and heater T's replaced (all OEM). I would not hesitate to take this across the country.

I wouldn't mind working with a buyer on here, as I know the he or she would really enjoy the car. Guys, feel free the message or shoot me a text or call:

703-380-3551
Aaron

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to sell mine, i'm getting warmer with buyers, as soon as mine sells i'll hit you up ASAP. I've always wanted an 06-07 LX. The extra power would help when i put 35s on.

Sounds good! I'm in the process of selling a house and building another so I'm in no rush! Much to do.

The LX is in garaged in Burke/Fairfax if you ever want to come check it out in the meantime.

Good luck!

You've had offers for $16.5 and you are asking for $16.5? Did you decide not to sell because the offers weren't from mud?

Over the past weeks, had multiple offers around $15k, $16k, $16.5k and accepted an deposit for $16,800 weeks ago. But, the lady had last-minute financing issues. Those previous offers since dried up due to those potential buyers going to different cars/ changing their minds.

As you can imagine, I'm just a bit puzzled by it all. I've since deleted the craigslist ad, will rethink pricing and go at it at a different time!

It's open to Mud members and will be up for offers. I'm not concerned really by price, but more that the next owner will enjoy it.

Thanks JTravels, good questions all around!

Looks like the worst rust is on or near the rear diff. cover. I can think of better places to have some rust, but if it's just on the surface a simple wire brush could go a long way to make it look better. Otherwise, I might suspect a leak.

I think the price is a little high for having no mods. For example, you are asking nearly 30% above Edmunds and kbb appraisals for an excellent condition vehicle. Some will argue that these appraisals don't apply, but they are based on the average selling prices for similar vehicles and buyers, like it or not, use these guides.

Last edited:
All good points.

I never thought of going over the surface with a simple wire brush. Would potential buyers want to see the true condition of the underbody, being that it is in the dc/nova area aka salt belt?

Or is this considered regular maintenance? I had the car inspected by the dealer so I can attest that there are no leaks anywhere. I have all the paperwork. They did advise me to change front brake pads, which I did two weeks ago!

Pricing-wise, I realized I priced it high by rationalizing that maybe it's worth paying a bit extra to get the LX that is this taken care of. Since then, I've changed my approach and I will work with the next buyer on pricing.

Appreciate the constructive criticism, JTravels!

Rust is NOT an issue here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom