North Rim/Jacob Lake July Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is one of my favorite places to take the family to explore. Since we go mostly in July I try to camp 1/4 mile away from the canyon rim. It is almost impossible not to find some spectacular campsite that is isolated. I can't recall having seen any signs of traffic near any of the dozens of places I've camped there.

Have a blast folks, I wish I were coming with you.

Ross, we wish you could join us. The group is a lot of fun to spend time with.

Jason and Erin, if you need some local eyes to help with a Flagstaff spot, just say the word. I can send you some GPS pins, unless you have a known spot that you would like.

Last edited:
Last couple weeks have been kind of screwy I promise I'm going to update fully tonight.....

Well by noon on 7/12 anyway. Sorry guys. Need to finish a few things first.

Very much looking forward to this trip in 2 weeks

Last edited:
Erin and Jason! Looking forward to seeing you guys and the CSC crew. We are heading north Friday am. Momma (Joni) and son (Sam) are in. Let me know if we can assist you in any way. All y'all are awesome for planning this elevated temperature departure:) Dog friendly? Ours aren't but thought I would ask:)

Also checking on dog friendly if Millie is welcome.

Unrelated, but for those who may be carrying on this roadtrip, National Park CCW rules are; legal within the park with valid CCW permit and must remain concealed. Otherwise, locked in vehicles when out and about. This is for inside the park, only.

Please see 2nd post in this thread in RED

More Posts to come

Last edited:
I heard discussion of a family friendly movie and a big screen for Friday night possibly. Will involved parties please post up.

I also know I heard mention of Clam Chowder..I will mention names if necessary. I think a Pot luck on Friday night is in order. @Cruzrmama will provide Fireball/Jack Fire! :)

I'm in for Thursday departure and returning Monday.

@LandCruiserPhil , @brices123 and I are working on a movie night. I have the projector, Phil has the laptop with DVD player as does Brice. We still need to work out sound but the idea is just to have some family kid friendly fun.

At the last meeting, someone said they had a screen we could borrow. I'm hoping they are attending or can pm me on how to pick this up.

Movie titles include, Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors. One of my favorites is Second Hand Lions. Phil mentioned Wild Hogs. We are open to other title ideas.

Bring your movie snacks.

Tina @aztlctina and I are up for leaving Thursday as well. Excited for movie night, although our children will not be in attendance.

I heard discussion of a family friendly movie and a big screen for Friday night possibly. Will involved parties please post up.

I also know I heard mention of Clam Chowder..I will mention names if necessary. I think a Pot luck on Friday night is in order. @Cruzrmama will provide Fireball/Jack Fire! :)
We will be staying in Flag Thursday night with family and the plan is to meet the group Friday morning, as long as we can round up 3 small children and 6.5 adults by 9 :confused:
A pot luck Friday sounds great! I will make a big pot of clam chowder to accompany other fixin's ;)

great idea about the movie!:cheers:

we are stoked! see you all next Friday!:bounce:

We will be bringing some Fireball as well, and will figure out something for the potluck, or breakfast.
We are very excited for this trip.

Any hotel suggestions in the flagstaff area? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom