North Rim/Jacob Lake July Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would like to possibly get in on this trip. Anyone see an issue joining up with the group on Saturday? I'm out of town with work till Saturday morn unfortunately.

We are in, if only for a portion of the trip. We will likely bail out early, or arrive late. Will know more as the date approaches.

Trying to step it up for this ROTM with all the new CSC 200 and 100 I may need to kick the 80 to the curb soon:eek:

IMG_5167.JPG

super cool! @wtmtnterror check it out! low profile, you don't have to climb off the roof of a vehicle with a toddler in the middle of the night! Mama likes!

Better yet you can get dressed standing up with privacy among other things. ;)

Hey Jason and Erin are we planning on leaving Friday am and returning mid-day Monday like Death Valley? I cruised the thread but didn't find a fer sure on that. Happy to report that my awesome wife and fun son are in. Leaving for a two week Colorado high country camp and wheeling adventure Friday and won't be back for a while. Beat the heat I say!

@Rooty245 , I will post detail by end of the week. Finally catching up on other stuff. Have fun!

Nice job LCP. The trailer group will be well represented. I may have to take the 100 to just to keep up with all the new stuff.

I will chugging along in my 80 with trailer. May need to leave a day earlier to get a jump on the 100 and 200 series

How rough is the July run going to be? If I go I might bring something that isn't a Land Cruisers or a 4Runner but would qualify being a Toyota and 4WD.:hmm:

Last edited:
How ruff is the July run going to be? If I go I might bring something that isn't a Land Cruisers or a 4Runner but would qualify being a Toyota and 4WD.:hmm:

Personally after many trips I have never come across anything in the area that needed high clearance of lockers except one off the beaten camp site I know of. At that location near the end of a dead end road locker was needed for one 100' hill otherwise:meh:

@Living in the Past , there will not be anything challenging. Much more of a sight seeing and escape the heat trip. Nothing a 4wd truck with decent clearance and tires can't handle.

Jason/Erin thanks for the update, I like the Thursday evening to Flag idea. Out of the heat as quickly as possible. What is the idea for overnight in Flag?

Park permits ?

Many of us have propane campfire rings, we may need a few.

In a discussion with LCP and Murf this week we had some ideas for evening frivolity. We will see if this materializes.

We were talking about leaving for Flag thursday and staying with family that are joining us. It involves an additional vacation day so we aren't positive yet. Sounds like fun!

Facebook

If you can get into that ^^^ FB album, I have our pics from last year's trip on the trails we're planning to take. :bounce:

This morning we got out our FSR map and Google to pinpoint the campsite we want. I'll let @jclarke450 post more detailed info, but here's a pic of where we're thinking by Three Lakes #1 (mostly centered in pic).
Excited you all are wanting to join us!

20160618_140232.jpg

Last edited:
So I figured I'd post this up. We use this stuff to mark trails when out in the off road.

Right side tag = right turn
Left side tag = left turn
Tags on both sides = straight.

They are highly visible and remove easy to clean up. They tie to trees, bushes and what not.

Just an idea I know the subject came up at the meeting. This stuff is cheap at Home Depot

20160619_150514.jpg

The fire is west of where we were planning to camp. Unless it gets outside their management area, we should not have the camp area affected. Will be interesting to see the next few weeks what happens. We will make accommodations as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom