North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am a maybe. I may have to do responsible adult things

So do we need to bring along a UHF radio? to keep in contact? i dont have one..lol but I guess if we need it, I can do a 1 day or 2 day amazon shipping

I picked up a triple pack of basic FRS radios from Wally world for I think $40. Otherwise, I will have 2 radios besides my own that I can loan.

I'm in. Still have the running boards (sliders on order). 10am at Wendys is great. I'll have snatch straps and shackles as well, along with a shovel I hope not to need:)

I'm going to have to bail guys. just came back from discount tire to get tires rotated/balanced and noticed one of my cv boots is ripped right after the clamp. if you have any recommendation on where to get the boot replaced and how much I should expect to play, please let me know (153k miles)...just one side since the other is fine.

I'm going to have to bail guys. just came back from discount tire to get tires rotated/balanced and noticed one of my cv boots is ripped right after the clamp. if you have any recommendation on where to get the boot replaced and how much I should expect to play, please let me know (153k miles)...just one side since the other is fine.

Call my buddy Patrick Greer at Greer Auto Services in Woodstock. He is very fair and upfront. Me and MongooseGA use him and he has lots and lots of experience working on 4runners, 100 Series and all Toyota's. He is the only guy I take my vehicles to. My LX is there as we speak. Call him at 678-540-7131. Tell him Jason Tubbs and GA sent you. You can also check out his reviews on Google and his shop has a 5.0 review. I know you can't really go by internet reviews but just read the reviews and you will see what sort of guy he is and he backs up his work.

Bummer man. Luckily that should be a pretty simple fix as long as the CV itself is still good. Had you inspected them before and know it's a recent rip?

Call my buddy Patrick Greer at Greer Auto Services in Woodstock. He is very fair and upfront. Me and MongooseGA use him and he has lots and lots of experience working on 4runners, 100 Series and all Toyota's. He is the only guy I take my vehicles to. My LX is there as we speak. Call him at 678-540-7131. Tell him Jason Tubbs and GA sent you. You can also check out his reviews on Google and his shop has a 5.0 review. I know you can't really go by internet reviews but just read the reviews and you will see what sort of guy he is and he backs up his work.

Thumbs up for Patrick. He's probably saved me about $5k worth of work done anywhere else in just the last few months.

Ok, so I put a little map together with directions fro the Wendys to the Popcorn trail, Charlies, Creek, then back around to the Tray mountain trail. The only question I have is, would anyone prefer to run up or down the back side of Tray? Personally, I'd prefer to run up it because there's a little more fun involved when gravity isn't doing it all for you. Thoughts?

As of now, here's the map set up with us running UP the back side of Tray, same direction we went last week. As you can see, the trails aren't necessarily right next to each other. I'm open to other trail suggestions if there are some closer to Popcorn and Charlie's. Google Maps

Bummer man. Luckily that should be a pretty simple fix as long as the CV itself is still good. Had you inspected them before and know it's a recent rip?

Thumbs up for Patrick. He's probably saved me about $5k worth of work done anywhere else in just the last few months.

Ok, so I put a little map together with directions fro the Wendys to the Popcorn trail, Charlies, Creek, then back around to the Tray mountain trail. The only question I have is, would anyone prefer to run up or down the back side of Tray? Personally, I'd prefer to run up it because there's a little more fun involved when gravity isn't doing it all for you. Thoughts?

As of now, here's the map set up with us running UP the back side of Tray, same direction we went last week. As you can see, the trails aren't necessarily right next to each other. I'm open to other trail suggestions if there are some closer to Popcorn and Charlie's. Google Maps

Hey GA it doesn't matter to me man. I am game for anything. I thought going up Tray was very fun. Even though they aren't that close riding up in the mountains and the drive makes it more scenic. That looks like a good map to me. Hopefully the weather won't be that bad.

thanks for the recommendation guys. I've made an appointment with Patrick and will be replacing the passenger side axle with one he recommended (car quest brand). I wish I caught this a few days earlier (don't drive all that much) so I could have made this weekend's ride. have fun and will keep an eye out for the next one.

thanks for the recommendation guys. I've made an appointment with Patrick and will be replacing the passenger side axle with one he recommended (car quest brand). I wish I caught this a few days earlier (don't drive all that much) so I could have made this weekend's ride. have fun and will keep an eye out for the next one.

Sounds good! Your LX is in good hands with Patrick. Let me know how your experience with him goes.

I’m out. Just went to the doctor and I have the flu. Count me in for next time. Can’t wait to me guys.

At least you'll have gotten it out of the way early for the year! I hope you feel better. We'll definitely keep you in the loop for another one.

I've got a few little things to take care of on my truck tomorrow before the trails. Spare tire mod, more shaping of the front fender liner, lowering one slider a little, and greasing my shafts. Afterwards, I'm capital R Ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom