North GA Mountain Trail Ride (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! Thanks for all of the info!

I'll try to spend some time mapping before this weekend so I can actually know WTH I'm doing this time.

Things are lining up! So lets meet at the Wendys off of 400 again. I can't verify the address but the address for the Cracker Barrel is 675 Buford Highway Cumming, GA. It is directly across the street from the Cracker Barrel. I guess we can run Popcorn Road and Charlie's Creek.

yep, did tray w/ chad and that was fine w/o sliders. that's my only reference since that's the only trail I've been on as well. I'll see if I can make it...daughter has another activity this weekend which takes up time.

Pending everything is good with the homefront i should be good sunday. I'll have to bring at least 2 of 3 girls but they're company.

Noob alert... its been a decade since I last went off pavement. I'm hoping everything on the truck is working.

Pending everything is good with the homefront i should be good sunday. I'll have to bring at least 2 of 3 girls but they're company.

Noob alert... its been a decade since I last went off pavement. I'm hoping everything on the truck is working.

Awesome! My 4 year old son will be going so he will has someone else to play with. I believe Camino70 will most likely bring his girls also. Hey Ben are you bringing Omar?

What time are u guys meeting up and how long of a ride would this be? Need to at least have some sort of tentative schedule in order to convince the wife.

Hey stock LC are going to be okay at this trail right? The only thing I have upgraded is A/T tires. I think it should be okay but just asking.

BTW I do have straps to get our self out and can bring hi lift jack as well if needed.

What time are u guys meeting up and how long of a ride would this be? Need to at least have some sort of tentative schedule in order to convince the wife.

We will most likely be meeting at 10. I think it would take about 1-1.5 hours to get there and then of course ride.

Hey stock LC are going to be okay at this trail right? The only thing I have upgraded is A/T tires. I think it should be okay but just asking.

BTW I do have straps to get our self out and can bring hi lift jack as well if needed.

Yes you should be fine. My LX just has BFG’s. We did Tray last time and I had no trouble.

Wicked pickle, how long did it take u to go through popcorn road?

Will anyone be calling the Chattahoochee NF to see if that road will be open prior to going up on Sunday?

I'll call on Friday when we're closer.

Save these in your digital map devices.

Charlies Creek trail: Google Maps

Popcorn creek: Google Maps

Intersection of Corbin Creek Rd and Tray Mountain Rd, the divide between the eastern and western portion of Tray. Also AT trail head: Google Maps

Popcorn road took me about 40 mins but I got behind some jeeps that slowed me a bit. I would budget an hour for popcorn and between an hour to 1.5 hrs for Charlie’s depending on how much playing you guys do. I’ll have to hook up with you guys sometime as I have two young boys that like to go with (3 and 5).
You guys have fun and report back on how it went.

One last thing...there is one section that has a very deep wash out in the middle....you can take two lines. One line is to the right on the high side, but be careful if it's slick as this could lead to sliding into the washout. I drove over it splitting it center line so the middle of the wash out was under my rig. This is the only section IIRC that could cause an issue if you get into it your side panels will be in the dirt. Take your time and pick your lines. I'm not that good with lines and I did fine so I don't think it will be an issue for stock set ups so long as you have AT or MT.

Have fun guys. Pack food and stop at one of the waterfalls or wait for Charlie's creek and convene at one of the turn arounds. Be safe.

- Jason

How how would everyone feel about starting with Popcorn, then hitting Charlies, and time permitting do the back side of tray?

So guys an updated list on who is going. Feel free to add if I left someone off.

JT4Runner
MongooseGA
Camino70
184R
Whiskerz
900EX
BNVS
Craaaaazy

Anyone else I left out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back