SOLD North Carolina: 1993 KZJ78 Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(1, 8, 57)
1993 KZJ78 Land Cruiser Prado.
142K miles (228,513 km).
Asking $36,000, open to offers
1KZ-TE 3.0L Turbo Diesel Engine.
5-speed Manual Transmission.
Factory rear locker.
Tires - 32x11.50R15LT 113R Falken WildpeakA/T AT3W (approx 10,000 miles on tires)
One of a kind turbine wheels.
Front suspension seats.
3rd Row Seating
Sunroof
Custom extruded aluminum roof rack w/ Gamiviti gutter mount brackets.
Radiator replaced w/ Toyota OEM model.
Dobinsons 2” suspension lift kit - front & rear springs and shocks; steering damper. Caster correction bushings installed.
Dobinsons front bumper/bull bar.
ARB rear bumper.
EGT sensor & pyrometer installed.
Electric front hubs converted to Aisin manual hubs.
Dual-mass flywheel converted to single-mass. New flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, release bearing, pilot bearing, slave cylinder, slave cylinder hose.
Front knuckle rebuild, bearings, oil seals.
Front brake rotors, calipers, and pads replaced.
Replaced tie rod ends. Replaced steering relay rod ends.
Front lateral rod bushings replaced.
Rear sway bar chassis bushings replaced.
Rear sway bar end links replaced.
Gear oil replaced in differentials.
Transmission and transfer case gear oil replaced.
Oil and air filter changes.
Mud flaps replaced.
Fuel/water separator replaced.
Dual Batteries
Rear Vent Windows
Sony head unit w/ Apple CarPlay installed w/ Rockford Fosgate front 4” speakers and Alpine 6 1/4” rear speakers.
OEM Toyota steering wheel installed; horn pin replaced.
Aluminum running boards.
---------------------------------------
A lot of work has been put into this Cruiser in the past couple of years, I am listing this for my dad, (@Shyrock on mud), you can refer to me for any questions but if he ends up answering any questions on his own, or posting separate pictures just know its not just some random person haha. Now for the eye candy.

EDS_0154.jpg
EDS_0204.jpg
EDS_0166.jpg
EDS_0171.jpg
EDS_0177.jpg

Last edited:

I will have more pictures of the underbody tomorrow as I know that is a main concern for anyone who is interested in a cruiser for sale through the internet.

Last edited:
Very very nice rig. Wonderful people you can trust!!! I've been lucky to see it and meet this awesome family. I'll miss seeing it here. Unless my wife wants to buy it!

Gorgeous truck. Seemingly all the work is done. AC and heat are good? (I see your dad commented on several 70 series AC posts so I assume it’s good) how’s all the bushings on the control arms? Rear locker works I assume. Where were the wheels sourced? They’re awesome. Would there be any issue driving this from NC to Colorado? Thanks!

Gorgeous truck. Seemingly all the work is done. AC and heat are good? (I see your dad commented on several 70 series AC posts so I assume it’s good) how’s all the bushings on the control arms? Rear locker works I assume. Where were the wheels sourced? They’re awesome. Would there be any issue driving this from NC to Colorado? Thanks!
Thank you! the A/C condenser was leaking, that’s in the process of being replaced currently by a shop. Heat is perfectly fine. Went through the car and replaced every single bushing on it along with the suspension, it really cleaned up the drivability and ride of the car. Rear locker engages no problem. We have no idea where the wheels were sourced or what they are! Always get compliments and people trying to buy them haha. There would be no issue driving it to CO and back, the EGT gauge will help you protect the engine in those long uphills. He drove it 500 miles to Windrock off-road park last year, hit the trails and drove it 500 miles back home with no issues or drama. In the past 2 years of ownership it hasn’t left him stranded. The radiator was bad when we first got it, replaced it, and it has been golden since.

I have driven this truck and can vouch for the condition and the meticulous nature of the owner. Great people and a great truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom