Normal? Door actuators cycling clicking noise when door closed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched high and low for 4 hours but have had no luck. One of you will likely say the answer is here, here, here, and here (and be right). :p

When I close any door (key in ignition, not in ignition, even started) all the doors make a cycling "clunk-clunk" noise exactly like the door locks are cycling yet none of them actually move. It's quite annoying and my passengers have even remarked "what's with that?".

Is this normal? Could it be because I have an aftermarket remote starter?

In addition my doors don't lock automatically when put into gear or when driving. I have tried the self programming listed on this site for both the door lock timing and the key fob programming and neither work. I'm highly suspicious it's because of my remote starter over riding the factory settings.

Any advice or help pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.:clap:

I bought the vehicle with the remote start. It works great.

I close the door and it sounds exactly like the doors lock, then unlock. The chunk (1 second) chunk of doors being locked than unlocked. Which if I saw the mechanical lock moving I would say it's just verifying that all doors are unlocked but the locks don't actually move.

I'm taking it that this isn't normal?

I have had the vehicle for 3 months and being in northern Canada there isn't another LC around the corner for me to compare to. It has done it for as long as I have had it and the previous owner had it for 10 years and he says it's always done it. Yes once, every time I close the door. When I'm at home again maybe I will try to post a short video. Thank you for your help!

I have the same issue as my door actuator went out on me months ago. So on thursday my driver side window wouldn't go up. It was 17 degrees out so i dropped it off at the dealership. Since the window is on the same door with the actuator I wanted the tech to inspect both motors. Turns out my window motor screws fell out and just needed to be re-tightened, the door actuator on the other hand was out.

They didn't have a door actuator in stock and I can't believe those things are like $375 without the install charge. As i got in my car i heard the door locks toggle but didn't think anything about it. I can now hear the toggle every time i close the door and when i start my vehicle, annoying. I was going to call them on Monday to report the issue and hopefully get it taken care of free of charge. I will let you know what they say if they can get it in.

I recently just purchased a 1999 100 series with a 150,000 miles. I am having the same issue and I do not have a remote start. I close the driver l's door and I hear the "clunk, clunk" put nothing visibly moves. It only does it when the door closes. From my research on mud it points to the lock actuator motors. Looks like you can buy replacement motors for $10-$15 a piece from amazon. I'm going to give that a try and see what happens. If I'm heading down the wrong path, please let me know.

In addition my doors don't lock automatically when put into gear or when driving. I have tried the self programming listed on this site for both the door lock timing and the key fob programming and neither work. I'm highly suspicious it's because of my remote starter over riding the factory settings.

What year is your vehicle?

My 06 LX does have the auto-lock programmable option.

My son's 00 LC does not, so we installed a PAC TR7:

Universal Trigger Module - PAC

to emulate that feature.

My doors do not work if they have been in the sun too long.
Super Annoying since if you use the key or manually from inside the doors dont work for about 10 minutes.
Basically the kids and or wife with the dog have to walk around the car to whateve side is in the shade and you always have to check the liftgate. Happens to every door.

My doors do not work if they have been in the sun too long.
Super Annoying since if you use the key or manually from inside the doors dont work for about 10 minutes.
Basically the kids and or wife with the dog have to walk around the car to whateve side is in the shade and you always have to check the liftgate. Happens to every door.

There's a fairly simple fix for that issue:
Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom