next meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday

Well if we are all going to eat some sushi, why bother meeting at Sonic. Why not just grab some sushi, the women are not going to stand out in the cold anyway. Or, we can go to Sonic after sushi and get a shake.
Just a thought?

-Travis

sounds like a plan

Since everyone knows Sonic let's keep the initial meet there.
Sushi is only a mile or so away and we can caravan there.
I'll probably grab a Sonic hotdog while I'm there too. :)
I was thinking sushi could be beer and snacks as opposed to
the main meal. Sushi can be $$$$$ in the amounts we eat. :)
Better to pack a little Sonic in first perhaps.
See ya'll there around 6ish.

yeah, i'm more in the sonic price range, haha

malphrus

Can someone post up directions from 85? Looked on Yahoo and couldn't fine address for sonic.

Hey guys. I have owned a '76 FJ40 since 2000. I live down in Laurens. I cant make the Sonic thing b/c my truck is like I like to see women at sonic. Topless. Actually it is just to big of a pain in the ass to put on and take off. Those ole rusty scews and holes keep getting harder and harder so to hell with that. Most people dream of summer homes. Instead I bought a summer TOY. I am getting ready to attempt a 4" lift and I have never done it so to say it will be intresting might be an understatment. Who knows? I have 31" tires on now so after the lift it might look rather odd but all in due time. Anyone have suggestions on tires and possiblly rims? I want bigger and fatter.(Tires that is) And Cheap is always a good thing. Do you guys get together often for trail rides?

nelson99200 said:
Hey guys. I have owned a '76 FJ40 since 2000. I live down in Laurens. I cant make the Sonic thing b/c my truck is like I like to see women at sonic. Topless. Actually it is just to big of a pain in the ass to put on and take off. Those ole rusty scews and holes keep getting harder and harder so to hell with that. Most people dream of summer homes. Instead I bought a summer TOY. I am getting ready to attempt a 4" lift and I have never done it so to say it will be intresting might be an understatment. Who knows? I have 31" tires on now so after the lift it might look rather odd but all in due time. Anyone have suggestions on tires and possiblly rims? I want bigger and fatter.(Tires that is) And Cheap is always a good thing. Do you guys get together often for trail rides?

Hope you can make it to a meeting or ride some time!
With a 4 inch lift go 35s. Most like the 8 inch rim with larger tires.
Questions like these get a better response in the tech section
here on MUD. Try a search and you should get plenty of tips.
Come see us sometime!

Gundy, I will definantly be planning on it. But rifgt now the weather is a little nippy for no top cruising up Hwy. 76 at any speed. But i will be joining for some rides.

meeting update

We'll start at Sonic....then...
Hi all!
It looks like a good turnout for the meeting.
I talked to Andy at Wasabi and they will be ready
for the Cruiserheads. They are opening a section for us.
This should be fun. If ya'll want to come in costume to
try and win a prize by all means do so but it NOT required
or expected.
See ya'll there. Link has directions and some interesting
stuff too. http://sushiwasabi.com/
You won't want to miss this party!
See ya'll at Sonic at 6:00 p.m.

Nelson, like Gundy said 35's with 4" lift.... as for cheap mudtires look into General Tire, there is a sellet on ebay that sells 35x12.5x15 for right around 500 shipped and that is cheap for 35" tires....... I bought a set and put them on my 72' suburban, they are a good mud tire.

nelson99200 said:
Gundy, I will definantly be planning on it. But rifgt now the weather is a little nippy for no top cruising up Hwy. 76 at any speed. But i will be joining for some rides.

Hey man, we're easy. Drive the family sedan. It's about
Cruiserheads even more than the trucks. No excuses.
Now ClemsonCruiser on the other hand loves freezing
rain and no top Cruisin'. I think it's going to hit the upper
50s .
Come on up. It should be a fun meeting.
Wasabi has a nice saki selection. I like one called Man Mountain.
Hehe...I think I'll have the Hitachino Nest Sweet Stout micro brew
beer with my grilled steak tonight. I got it when Capt'n Jim and
crew ate at Wasabi.
Andy made us this incredible roll . Dragon. Damn thing was a work of art!
Tasty too. LOL....Jim ordered this thing where Andy cracked open
a raw quail egg for the topping. Jim's favorite....of course.
LOL....and people will be running around in costume this time.
This should be fun.
They have fried chicken too. Katsu. Bread crumb crust. Mmmmm.
Tempura. Fried veggies and or shrimp.
Don't miss it....but I understand.

I will be there. My first meeting. Should be in my fj62. Hopefully we will hang out at sonic for awhile, temps should be great! And I am not too sure about sushi (as well as the price diff btwn sonic and there.) See ya around 6!

Last edited:
Sounds delish! Count me in. I'm looking foward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

Great meeting hope everyone made it home alright. I got some pictures if someone wants to post them somewhere I will email them also, they guy with the 80 series that just got the ARB I forgot to give him my email for pics of the parts he has for a 60 series. my email is deanmatt@hotmail.com thanks!!! I had a great time!

Good crowd

I agree. We had a fun time. You can send pictures to
dharri53@bellsouth.net
and I'll try to post some for those who couldn't make it
last night.
LOL....I wish I had one where Andy made us put on
that silly wig and glasses. Those would be a riot.
It was great to finally meet you and your friend.
Welcome to Upstate Cruisers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom