Newbie needing help! Wiper motor wiring conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
So I bought my first Cruiser, she's a 1983 60-Series and for the first week, the windshield wipers worked fine. Long story short the white nylon gear broke internally in my factory wiper motor rendering it useless and fortunately I was able to locate and purchase a used replacement wiper motor assembly.

Here's where I need help, the wiring harness for my factory wiper motor uses a small white, round plastic male/female connector and the used replacement motor has no wiring harness but rather a small rectangular 4-plug connector on the motor itself... clearly this is not plug n play. I need a wiring harness diagram specifically for the wiper motor as clearly I will need to cut and splice my harness to work with this new (used) assembly.

Just to be clear, the replacement assembly was removed from a 60 however I have no idea what year. The base plate (where it bolts to the firewall) is identical to my original however the harness is different, I have no idea which pin is what on the replacement assembly. There are four small metal electrical posts sticking up on the new assembly that I have no idea which post controls what. Which post is hot? Which one is intermittent? Is one a ground or is it body grounded? HELP!!!

Does anyone have a PDF they can post or email me? I don't want to start cutting and soldering my factory harness unless I know for sure what wire goes where.
Thanks in advance!
Gatman
(boosted6@rocketmail.com)

Should be able to find what you're looking for in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom