Newbie...Finally! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

congrats :cheers:

Congatulations on the rig, isn't that the best color. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Congatulations on the rig, isn't that the best color. Good luck and welcome aboard.

I am extremely fond of the color. I searched 6 months partly because of the color.

In the third picture, that Heep now knows it place.....he looks sad and envious at the same time.

Brentbba said:
Most of the folks on this board would be drooling over the fact that it doesn't have a factory rack!

I'm brand new to the 80's side (and thinking about getting one). What's the deal with the no factory roof rack preference? Were they a rarity or something? :confused:

Landcruisersteve said:
I'm brand new to the 80's side (and thinking about getting one). What's the deal with the no factory roof rack preference? Were they a rarity or something? :confused:

Search will find that most don't like the fact that it breeds rust under the four feet almost anywhere in the country you live. Mine is a SoCal truck and it doesn't have much at all, but water does tend to collect under the feet, even when I wash the beast. It's just a bias some have. I still use my factory rack....not that I wouldn't love an expedition style rack tho.

That, and the fact that it will only hold about 100 lbs. :D

At least, according to your sig line you have some old beauties. An 80 series on a bad day is better than a Chevy straight off the line. hehehe :flipoff2: You should know that.

Brentbba said:
At least, according to your sig line you have some old beauties. An 80 series on a bad day is better than a Chevy straight off the line. hehehe :flipoff2: You should know that.

Brent - thanks for the scoop on the factory roof racks.

Yep, I have no doubt an 80 could run circles around my Chevy. That's why I've been considering dumping the Silverado to get out from under the payments, not to mention becoming 'exclusively Cruiser.'

I originally got the Chevy truck for FJ-trailering. Not to hijack this thread, but how well does the 80 series do pulling a trailer with a stock 25 or 40 sitting on it?

Congratulation.Get you a service manual and do some of it your self.It will be a lot cheaper.Get with the local Cruiser club and they will probably can help.

Just for the record - the no factory roof rack is not a universal preference.

cruiser larry said:
Congratulation.Get you a service manual and do some of it your self.It will be a lot cheaper.Get with the local Cruiser club and they will probably can help.

When you refer to the local Crusier club are you referencing this forum in general?

Nice!

I like the color. Exactly like mine!

Nice ride! Is it locked?

Jenny Cruiser said:
Nice ride! Is it locked?

Here comes the killjoy for most of you. It is not locked but in Chicago it wasn't a must to have.

diajus said:
Here comes the killjoy for most of you. It is not locked but in Chicago it wasn't a must to have.

For gods sake all that for an unlocked rig.

j/k nice rig but I must warn you this board has strange powers over you reasoning and if you hang around here long enough you will be saying to yourself "I must have a locked rig, I must have a locked rig" So keep that in mind when you hang out here. I started just like you w/an unlocked rig and now after spending my kids college money I have the rig I always wanted.

Last edited:
diajus said:
I did not notice the dish. I would expect at least 300 channels with that attachment.

Was that one of the special items included in the "Collectors Edition"? :D

I am already feeling the power of this forum. I looked for a Landcruiser for 6 months as a result. I own a prestine tiel Aurora and I'm already playing favoritism toward the cruiser. I figured I would keep the Aurora until it reached classic status [Olds no longer around] but it may see it's first salty winter this coming season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom