Newbie...Finally!

After looking since January I closed the deal on a 97 Collector's Edition. I looked at the owner's manual and did not see any service notations. I got the vehicle at a great price and will be taking it to the dealer for a full inspection. I got the color [burgandy] that I wanted but the miles were a little high at 113k. I sacrificed the mileage for a much lowered priced one. I passed on two other burgandy collector's edition that had miles in the 70k range but were priced considerably higher. My greatest concern at this point involves proper maintenace. The cruiser drives great however I want it to perform at it's peak.

I understand this community has been extremely helpful and I'm interested if anyone in the Chicago area is willing to take a gander at my vehicle for compensation. After reading the threads I understand Toyota mechanics are not necessarily the most knowledgeable. I have a co-worker that is married to a service manager for Toyota but that doesn't gaurantee me much.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

Welcome and congrats! :flipoff2:

I certainly would not be ashamed to use the connection. What have you to loose?

Almost forgot - this thread is useless without pics! :D

Welcome to 80s forum :flipoff2:
diajus said:
I passed on two other burgandy collector's edition that had miles in the 70k range but were priced considerably higher.
Are you sure thou? '97 collector's edition had in burgundy color :confused: or maybe im wrong... :doh:

e9999

You want to do what...?

there is a collector's edition and the 40th anniversary ed, different beasts...

e9999

You want to do what...?

Di, best thing to do is to read a lot here, buy some tools if necessary and start doing all the PM yourself. No way out if you want to be a cruiserhead, dude, and the best way to go too...

and welcome!

I have to clean it up and provide nice picks with center caps. I received the center caps yesterday for $56 each. I bit the bullet since It was cosmetically the only flaw from the exterior.

Last edited:

e9999

You want to do what...?

bah, wheelcaps are for :princess: ! :D

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer

That statement on Toyota mechanics doesn't apply to everyone. If you have someone who has been ccertified and is a master mechanic, they should be qualified to look over your rig. The area they would not have as much expetise in is the transfer case. That was my experiance. They don't normally tear into Tcases (center diffs) so they don't have much experaince ther.

Congrats on the new purchase

e9999

You want to do what...?

that thing burgundy or red?

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

Most of the folks on this board would be drooling over the fact that it doesn't have a factory rack!

I think Toyota classifies it as a medium red pearl.

I had this color and no roof rack on my radar. I was leaning toward no running boards but my wife is 6 months pregnant.

Thanks one and all. The picture in the background is a vehicle owned by a relative of the previous owner. He picked me up in it to get to the cruiser so I am being appreciative.

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Congrats on the rig. I didn't know the collector's editions came in burgundy either. Good to know. Not only does the rig not have a roof rack, it seems to be missing the wind deflector too.

Nice!

:D

now get rid of that Grand Cherokee ;)

That color is starting to grow on me now! Congrats on the truck. May the mods begin! You will find all the info you need here on this site.

Welcome again!

Top Bottom