New Wheels / Tires w/ flex shots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I got some new rims and tires. I went with Black Rhino Tenay wheels with tinted alloy spokes. They looks awesome IMO and really filled the wheel wells. I am running Cooper 295/70/18 STT Maxx tires. Scored the whole package from ChiTown 4X4. If you're near Chicagoland be sure to check them out.

Yes it rubs, however, I am going to still stick with this combo. I'm going to need to trim a little plastic on the drivers front bottom trim where the mid flap used to be. It also contacts the KDSS sway bar and bolt. Not too concerned about the sway bar contact but I need to minimize contact with the bolt.

Question: has anyone flipped that bolt around and put it in from the other side? I am also considering buying a lower profile bolt and nut combo to gain some more clearance.

The larger tire is worth it in my opinion. I'll make it work / live with a little rub on sway bar, it only hits at full lock and contact is minimal. Please see pics for details and gratuitous warehouse flexing. I couldn't believe how well this truck flexed, first time on the forklift since I took delivery in February.

PS: I wasn't even the only LC200 at ChiTown4X4 today. It's not often I see another built 200 around here. It was too dark for me to grab any pics of the strangers truck (and it may have been creepy). I believe ChiTown4X4 had some pics of the other 200 on their Facebook page. Broken upper control arm I believe.

If this thread needs to be moved feel free.

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

What are the offset on those new wheels?
Looking great man!

This may solve your rub problem KDSS relocation bracket

I had those same tires on my Tundra and really liked the look and performance. Not many guys running 295/70/18, glad to see it fits.

Are you running stock upper control arms?

The coopers sidewall swells out in comparison to the previous Nitto trail grapplers i retired earlier this year. That bolt will eat your tire inner side wall for lunch over time. I had to get some spacers up front until i replace these tires. Bora spacers did the trick.
Get that fixed soon or before you hit tight trails. Its an expensive lesson to learn. Its now my spare which will not see rotation again.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom