New to the FJ60 world, come share my pain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No but I’ve
No but I’ve personally never seen an issue like this on a 1FZ.
So you would not recommend it simply because the system looks like this and you’re putting a very expensive new radiator in?

37035120-2001-4F8A-A5CC-7C4F58D3A18B.jpeg

I agree, but not really an answer. I mean when it comes to Cruisers, there’s you and then there’s God. And I seem to have misplaced His digits…

I drained, filled and ran probably a dozen times a few years back. Never really got entirely clear, sort of a lite beer hue. (See Drain #1 / /Drain #12 photo). Changed out hoses as well. Now it’s back to Ugh. Don't want to abuse the new radiator like the PO did the old...

Last edited:
I agree, but not really an answer. I mean when it comes to Cruisers, there’s you and then there’s God. And I seem to have misplaced His digits…

I drained, filled and ran probably a dozen times a few years back. Never really got entirely clear, sort of a lite beer hue. (See Drain #1 / /Drain #12 photo). Changed out hoses as well. Now it’s back to Ugh. Don't want to abuse the new radiator like the PO did the old...
When you flushed and filled, did you use distilled water?

I'm wondering if there was still rusty buildup in the system that's since mixed into your coolant with use. This was just a basic flush, correct? No flush chemicals or vinegar used?

This is a great question for the 80series section.

Ok one more splurge...

I didn't like how the original hood liner was a saggy, moist mess. There aren't very many of these liners left in the US so I jumped on it. Figure the new owner would appreciate.

IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

IMG_6732.jpeg

IMG_6733.jpeg

Had no interest in trying to save the old clips so just took a claw hammer to them. The underside of the liner was a dusty mess. Its funny to think what the original color was :p

I had to write a little something on this girl. I have it for so long and has such a story that I was feeling a touch nostalgic.

IMG_6795.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg

Last edited:
Noticed that the original fan was ground down along the edges and just kinds looked like hell. There were some stress cracks but no chunks. So off to Toyota for a new fan.

IMG_6743.jpeg

IMG_6744.jpeg

IMG_6745.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

IMG_6750.jpeg

Drives great and looks good. I have like three little things it needs to be "complete" in my eyes before I start doing a walk around video and post up a sale thread.

IMG_6817.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6821.JPG

I'm so overdue for a Blackstone report is ain't even funny. Since having to do JOAP samples in my Air Force days I've realized the importance of regular oil analysis. Gave me a chuckle to see their sense of humor in their documentation.

I love how a nice clean new hood liner looks. My only complaint about my reflective Dynamat and Dynaliner combination on my hood is the butt-ugly appearance of it. It works ridiculously well, but looks horrible. I had to go for function over form on this one though. Maybe one day I'll find a better solution that gives me the best of both worlds.

Did you be sure to electrically bond the radiator to the body when you installed it? Great way to prevent pinhole leaks from electrolysis down the road.

I'm wondering if there was still rusty buildup in the system that's since mixed into your coolant with use. This was just a basic flush, correct? No flush chemicals or vinegar used?
Right. Basic flush x12. Now, radiator sprang a a leak, and at some point I got tired of pouring Amsoil coolant in and have been topping off with distilled water. Which doesn't help. Now I just want to clean it all up for the new rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom