New to me 60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3FE manifolds are PROBABLY a little more efficient. IT is the same design that the 80s use. Likely a contributing factor to the performance and sound of Root Beer.

The 3FE manifolds are PROBABLY a little more efficient. IT is the same design that the 80s use. Likely a contributing factor to the performance and sound of Root Beer.

Dang! I couldve gone for that sound :cool:

This^^^. They are two manifolds, designed more like headers than the earlier log type. With the exhaust down pipe it forms a tri-y type setup, good for torque. Don't know if or how much :hillbilly: it would take to make them work with the carb manifold? Could just go with the whole 3FE head and EFI?!:idea::hillbilly:

Do you have a complete set up laying around Kevin? Need everything but the links.

Pretty sure that I have the sway bar. Do you have the brackets welded to your axle housing, if not, I have a set that needs to be cut off. Other than that, just would need the clamp mounts (cheap) and the bushings (I would want new).

Yes I need the brackets too - I thought they unbolted?

d7f9625640d5cf6df3d260f7bf339048_image_200x187.jpg

Yes I need the brackets too - I thought they unbolted?

Don't know about the frame side? I was referring to the axle brackets.

It's looking sweet Murf!! I saw you on Scottsdale Rd on Sat night and even the :princess: commented on how shiny and nice it was :hillbilly:

It's looking sweet Murf!! I saw you on Scottsdale Rd on Sat night and even the :princess: commented on how shiny and nice it was :hillbilly:

Ha ~ I was on my way to Ajo Als to pick up a Mexican Pizza for dinner - wished I wouldve saw you and at least honked at ya!

The truck is much more enjoyable now w/o that darn exhaust leak :)

Last weekend, my younger daughter and I ran up north for some stomping around, 4 wheeling, rock collecting, and lunch on the tailgate. Beautiful day and a good time.

We laughed as I blew the survival whistle and the dog would cock her head as if saying "whats is THAT?!". Daughter was at the ready with the camera. :cool:

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

Looks like fun Murf. I guess it's getting cool enough in the morning to wear long sleeve shirts. I like the look of the sliders. Have to think about a set for the FJ62. If your looking to take a little of the shine of the 60 just take it up north next time it snows. I spared the FJ62 it's normal drive to Sunday moring breakfast at Long Vally Cafe and took the 100. Fifteen degrees and the highway 87 was slushy not frozen. I need to take a few pictures of the 100 before I give it a good bath tomorrow. Ih8salt:mad:

:cheers:

I finally got the rear sway bar installed and it made quite a difference in how she drives. the body roll is under control now in corners (cant scare the wife anymore ;)) and feels more like my 80 in corners now :clap:. Due to the lift I installed front and rear extended links with the front being the ball joint design link which adds some additional flexibility off road.

Now you see it now you dont* (as borrowed from Land Cruiser Phil's exhaust thread)

I had Angel at Mad Hatter Muffler change out my front exhaust pipe from the manifold collector to the cat. It had developed some pin holes in it and the exhaust leak that the manifold fixed was now back in the form of a leaky pipe. He changed out the front pipe and while he was at it, I had him reroute the exhaust pipe from the muffler to the tip. Without the Spare tire to be in the way the tailpipe is now tucked up under the truck to give additional clearance and avoid the dreaded smashed exhaust tip.:doh:

Shes quiet now and tucked up ready for the trail as you can see in the before and after pictures.

pipe.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Early Xmas present from the :princess:, replaced the low stock center console with a Smittybilt unit that has cupholders, ample storage, and locks :D.

Also replaced the seatbelt recievers with used units from back east (Cruiserparts.net) that have the plastic that holds up the latch still intact. The old ones the plastic sheathing rotted off from the sun and the ends flopped around. With the taller new console, I needed to be able to easily locate the latch and not have to dig around to find it.

A good source for reasonably priced used parts.

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

First Class all the way!!!!!!

The carburetor wasnt 100%. Secondaries not opening, fuel bowl slowly dripping down when sitting. It was also getting harder to start when hot, etc.

Had to rebuild the Aisin -

We are putting it back on today and will see if I jump up from 12.5 mpg to 20mpg :rolleyes:

IMG_0307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom