New to I8Mud - here's my GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Made a few mods on my 2005. Got it back from the shop today. Metaltech stage II bumper and sliders. Ironman 4x4 shocks and coils. FN FX Pros wrapped with 285/70/R17s on KO2s.

Can't say enough good things about the quality and customer service of Metaltech. Great stuff.

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_9346.JPG

Looks great. If you don't mind sharing the cost, how much were the sliders including installation?

Made a few mods on my 2005. Got it back from the shop today. Metaltech stage II bumper and sliders. Ironman 4x4 shocks and coils. FN FX Pros wrapped with 285/70/R17s on KO2s.

Can't say enough good things about the quality and customer service of Metaltech. Great stuff.

View attachment 1499449

View attachment 1499450

Man, it looks great! I want those exact wheels and tires but in different color. Are you rubbing with that suspension and wheel set up? Does the Ironman suspension have a coilover system or independent strut and sprint in the rear? Again, the set up looks awesome! You should look into the Depo headlights. They turned out great on my GX.

fUtoXL0.jpg

Looks great! What is your initial impression of the Iron Man suspension?
Looks great! What is your initial impression of the Iron Man suspension?
I was concerned the Suspension would ride too stiff but it's great. Definitely flatter in corners. A buddy of mine has a new 4Runner TRD Pro and said it rides very similarly.

I love it.

Man, it looks great! I want those exact wheels and tires but in different color. Are you rubbing with that suspension and wheel set up? Does the Ironman suspension have a coilover system or independent strut and sprint in the rear? Again, the set up looks awesome! You should look into the Depo headlights. They turned out great on my GX.

fUtoXL0.jpg
I used metal techs coil conversion kit. So the rear are coils and shocks separately. I don't have any rubbing due to the increase in height. So besides cutting the wheel wells for the new bumper no other changes were needed.

The wheels and KO2s are awesome. You can't go wrong no matter the color.

Looks great. If you don't mind sharing the cost, how much were the sliders including installation?
The sliders cost whatever it was on metal techs website. I put them on myself and suggest you do too. Follow the directions and it's no big deal.

fUtoXL0.jpg
Depot headlights?

The sliders cost whatever it was on metal techs website. I put them on myself and suggest you do too. Follow the directions and it's no big deal.

Installing the OPOR sliders myself didn't work out for me. Too many holes to drill into frame and too many nutserts to deal with.

Installing the OPOR sliders myself didn't work out for me. Too many holes to drill into frame and too many nutserts to deal with.

Too many nutserts? There's two, IIRC. And one hole to drill?

Very nice Lexus. I have owned a few Cruisers but never a GX. Looking at our first this weekend. Your rig is a great motivator. Keep up the progress posts.

Too many nutserts? There's two, IIRC. And one hole to drill?

No there are two just on the bottom of the one slider that has a middle leg and there are two in each front leg of both sliders so at least 6 if I can remember correctly. I have a whole the
Thread here on the install of OPOR sliders sold by Metal Tech if you search OPOR and my user name.

The OPOR sliders come with no parts list, no instructions, and nothing on their web site. You have to find Bluetribal's write up to make sense of the install. I took it to an offroad shop and they couldn't figure it out either and they just gave me my truck back without the sliders installed. I had to find a 2nd shop with Bluetribal's write up to get them installed.

Maybe JLee got the early versions that came with instructions and only needed 2 nutserts. Mine had 6 nutserts and multiple holes to drill.

Your GX looks great. What are you doing for a spare? Does that size tire fit in spare location?

The OPOR sliders come with no parts list, no instructions, and nothing on their web site. You have to find Bluetribal's write up to make sense of the install. I took it to an offroad shop and they couldn't figure it out either and they just gave me my truck back without the sliders installed. I had to find a 2nd shop with Bluetribal's write up to get them installed.

Maybe JLee got the early versions that came with instructions and only needed 2 nutserts. Mine had 6 nutserts and multiple holes to drill.

Yeah, I definitely had the early version (before KDSS compatibility).

WELCOME!
great choices, awesome looking rig there!

Can you elucidate the differences of MT's stage 1, vs 2 vs 3 bumper(s)
emoji_u1f914.png
I haven't decoded it in my rapid searches?
Since you're a recent customer I trust you may have researched and differentiated those details.

Ciao and nice ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom