New to 80 Series and IH8Mud (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Picked up an 80 Series this summer and have been learning about them the past few months. It's a 1994. Seems to run well but needs paint and a muffler that doesn't sound so loud (Flowmaster 40 series) Have a Magnaflow to put on just haven't gotten to that.

InkedIMG_3762_LI.jpg

What makes a 94 the best year?

What makes a 94 the best year?
It is the one I own. :)

I actually don't think there is a "best". The newest, lowest mileage, best maintained, only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady is probably better than anything else.

For my uses (95% offroad) I think the '94 is a sweet spot with the 1FZFE, no airbags, available cloth interior, exhaust over the frame, etc. But I'd take a minty '97 in a heartbeat, :)

Welcome!
You got the best OBD version.
No scanner anxiety for you!

What is that?

This should get you started. The harness that connects to your VAFM is simply held in place by a rectangular clip which is very difficult to see. So people tend to have difficulties removing the harness and think, “I must remove the two screws that secure the male cannon plug to remove it.”

Mine never had the rectangular clip to hold the harness in place. The PO lost it, so my harness is easily installed or removed by hand.

That will destroy your VAFM and render your cruiser and 6k paper weight.

This should get you started. The harness that connects to your VAFM is simply held in place by a rectangular clip which is very difficult to see. So people tend to have difficulties removing the harness and think, “I must remove the two screws that secure the male cannon plug to remove it.”

Mine never had the rectangular clip to hold the harness in place. The PO lost it, so my harness is easily installed or removed by hand.

That will destroy your VAFM and render your cruiser and 6k paper weight.
IMG_1244.png

Don’t touch the red circled screw or it’s twin sister on the other side!

Photo taken from this thread: 93 FZJ80 Won't Start After Washing Engine - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/93-fzj80-wont-start-after-washing-engine.396697/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom