New Seats! (PT-Cruiser) *Easy* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the writeup!

I finally got tired of having my rear end pummeled by errant springs, and the foam was starting to leak out of the drivers seat, so I went to my nearest pick-n-pull (luckily there are two here in calgary) and after looking through a couple PT's that were in miserable shape, I found a 2003 with black(ish) cloth seats, in nearly showroom condition. no scratches, tears, or even stains. I'm shocked.

$83 Canadian shillings later, I had two PT cruiser seats in my trunk and for good measure I grabbed some of the adjustable headrests out of a nearby Camry in the lot. they don't match perfectly but they're less intrusive than the PT headrests were, and theyre also adjustable.

Took me maybe 3 hours to get the old seat mounts drilled out, and I bolted on the new seats. a little bit of persuasion and they fit great. One thing I will note is; I have a 62 series centre console, and because the passenger seat has an arm rest, the centre console won't open fully - so, beware of that.

Now I just have to figure out how I'll get my heated seat pads installed in these seats...

View attachment 2393643
Nice and clean! Are your seat mounting points in your truck the same as a 62 series or early 60? I might have a bit of a challenge getting mine to go (I'll know for sure once I'm done modifying my seats and can measure bracket locations versus floor bolt down locations), but nothing some cutting and welding can't solve! Though I need to figure out a way to completely dismantle the PT Cruiser sliders since I plan on using those with the Toyota mounting brackets on them and I plan to weld them into place. Don't want spatter to mess up nice condition upholstery and foam.

Just installed 05 pt cruiser seats in my fj62. Super easy. I am not mechanical at all but I was able to do it in a few hours. They do sit higher but not bad. The arm rests and comfort is well worth it. Thank you all for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom