new roof rack!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so - i've been fooling around with DIY roof racks forever... generally been satisfied with Thule square load bars (60") and good quality heavy duty gutter risers...
(this has been my kit so far)
2022-06-10_13-33-26.png

this is generally how the rig looks when I'm prepped for a summer of road trips & fly fishing.
2022-06-10_13-41-54.png

worked fine but - it's a bitch to take on/off - and not very adjustable once you get all bolted into place only to find that one of your load bars are just slightly in the wrong position so you start over. the thule square bars have a little bit of deflection when there's a lot of cargo in the kuat basket and the cargo coffin.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a platform from Gamiviti.

First of all - Tim was super easy to work with - the transaction couldn't have been easier - and check out how well this whole thing was shipped.
IMG_0232.jpeg
IMG_0234.jpeg

looking forward to spending a saturday in the atmospheric river of rain that is coming to Portland to get the old one off and the new one on.

for what its worth...I had planned on buying a bunch of 15 series black 80/20 aluminum and all the mending plates and hardware and simply make my own rack...so I drew up a plan - made a detailed list of materials and put them all into my shopping cart at 80/20.net - and I found it to be worth my time to order a custom solution from Gamiviti.

hope to have updates with the new one installed tomorrow.

stay tuned!
2022-06-10_13-47-34.png

Is it Gamiviti that makes the lower profile roof racks for the 60 series? It's been a while since I looked at racks, but I'll need a new one when I can eventually get a rooftop tent.

Is it Gamiviti that makes the lower profile roof racks for the 60 series? It's been a while since I looked at racks, but I'll need a new one when I can eventually get a rooftop tent.
yeah that’s what made me go there. i like that his tower risers don’t make the whole kit sit so high on the roof. i like the low profile slim look like this

I know Tim from both the Land Cruiser and music scenes here in Denver. Solid dude, great product. I keep dreaming of a Gamiviti rack one day…

Update: I bit the bullet, I'm driving to Tim's house today and we're installing one of his racks on my 60.

Congrats! Pics of the install when done.
I have been looking. At them myself. Hope fully soon I will get one.
Got the Gamiviti installed yesterday. Tim lives across town so he invited me to stop over for the install. This thing is rock solid and pure class.

For anybody interested in more photos, I have some in my build thread here.

IMG-2970.jpg

@Paul DiNapoli These things are no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom