New rear spring on '03 LX now get C1713 code? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also have the ahc springs. Instead of the sensor being close to the bottom adjust it going up? Mine is not completely to the top but close enough. Sits pretty good now. You can also adjust the front sensors too.

Did the rear pressure at least drop with the new springs? Since you adjusted the sensor internals, any chance you can get another sensor from a buddy and try it too?

Still sober for now, but I'm about done with this for today. The beer is calling me, and probably the shower too. There is no one else with an lx around here, definitely no friends.

Right now the pressure is the same on rear as it was before the new springs, but I'm sitting about 1.5" higher in the rear than I should. If I can get it down to where it should be, I'm sure the pressure will be quite a bit lower. Adjusting the sensor up, is just going to raise it higher.

I guess I'm starting to think I'm going to need a new rear sensor. That sucks because it worked fine before the new springs.

Wouldn't hurt to try to do a reset on the system. Lower driver side kick panel. Pull the AHC IG 20a fuse.

I no longer have AHC on my 03 LX. I have removed almost all of the system except the sensors. You can have my rear sensor if you want.

benton rover, I may try that later today.

BadReligion, thanks for the offer. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll let you know.

After thinking about it a bit more last night, I think the rear sensor mount is probably bent just like the adjustment bracket and the sensor arm. I straightened out the first two, so today I will pull the sensor again and see about straightening the mounting bracket as well. I feel fairly certain that this is going to fix the problem. I'll report back later today.

Also, I really wish I had known to disconnect the sensor bracket before replacing the springs! It would have saved me a ton of time and headache.

benton rover, I may try that later today.

BadReligion, thanks for the offer. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll let you know.

After thinking about it a bit more last night, I think the rear sensor mount is probably bent just like the adjustment bracket and the sensor arm. I straightened out the first two, so today I will pull the sensor again and see about straightening the mounting bracket as well. I feel fairly certain that this is going to fix the problem. I'll report back later today.

Also, I really wish I had known to disconnect the sensor bracket before replacing the springs! It would have saved me a ton of time and headache.

That would make sense. I think the distance variations are pretty small so a little bend could be all that's going on.

Disconnecting: When I did my King springs recently, I didn't disconnect anything that I recall. I wonder if you just smashed into the bracket unknowingly while wrenching?

That would make sense. I think the distance variations are pretty small so a little bend could be all that's going on.

Disconnecting: When I did my King springs recently, I didn't disconnect anything that I recall. I wonder if you just smashed into the bracket unknowingly while wrenching?
Or just dropped the rear axle too far and it got yanked out of shape.

See the attached diagnostic procedure for the height sensor fault codes C1711-C1712-C1713.

In stead of the battery test, you can also leave the sensor connected electrically and measure the sensor output as you move the arm. Verify that the reference voltage is present at pin 1-3 and measure output between pins 2-3.

Attachments

• cic17111.pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 202
To give you all an update, sure enough the rear mounting bracket was bent. It was difficult to tell, but I stuck it in my vice, bent it a bit the way I thought it should go, reinstalled it, and my truck dropped. After adjusting the sensor height to get the rear at 20.5", my new pressures are below. All is well in AHC land again. Not a huge difference in the rear, but the ride is very noticeably improved. It doesn't sink so low in the rear after going over bumps and feels much more planted on the road. Well worth the $250 for the springs.

So if you have a rear end that is sticking up in the air, check to make sure your sensor slider bracket, adjustment arm, and mounting bracket are all nice and straight!
Thanks everyone!

Image (7).jpeg

Great to hear, well done

To give you all an update, sure enough the rear mounting bracket was bent. It was difficult to tell, but I stuck it in my vice, bent it a bit the way I thought it should go, reinstalled it, and my truck dropped. After adjusting the sensor height to get the rear at 20.5", my new pressures are below. All is well in AHC land again. Not a huge difference in the rear, but the ride is very noticeably improved. It doesn't sink so low in the rear after going over bumps and feels much more planted on the road. Well worth the $250 for the springs.

So if you have a rear end that is sticking up in the air, check to make sure your sensor slider bracket, adjustment arm, and mounting bracket are all nice and straight!
Thanks everyone!

View attachment 2366407

Very nice! When you replaced the springs, did you add in 30mm spacers that are commonly recommended? Also, did you take a pressure reading before the spring replacement to compare to the new numbers?

I did not add a spacer, I thought I can always add it later if need be. I wanted the ride to be as stock as possible. Pressure before the new springs was about 7.0, so about 0.5 difference.

I did not add a spacer, I thought I can always add it later if need be. I wanted the ride to be as stock as possible. Pressure before the new springs was about 7.0, so about 0.5 difference.

Adding a spacer actually wouldn't change the ride height at all for a vehicle with AHC. They are used to reduce pressure even more. Sorry if my assumption was incorrect, but I took the bolded part to mean that you thought it would raise the ride height.

Congrats on the 0.5 MPa reduction, that's a good result.

I know it won't change the height, I just wanted to keep it the way Lexus designed it, at least as a first step. No worries.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom