New rear spring on '03 LX now get C1713 code? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced my rear springs with landcruiser AHC springs (about $100 cheaper and may be firmer). Anyway, after an uneventful install, AHC now no longer works and I have code C1713 in Techstream. It won't clear either.

I tried shorting pin Tc and E1 as was described in another post, starting the engine, and reading the "Off" lights blinking pattern. It's one blink, pause, followed by three blinks, and then starts over. I pushed eeh brake pedal nine times quickly, but that didn't reset the code either. I tried this three times.

My AHC worked perfectly this morning, so I'm wondered what I could have messed up. The rear height control sensor bracket did look bent a little, so I straightened it up, but that didn't work.

Ideas?

Image (1).jpeg

Image.jpeg

Haven't been under my LX in a while, is your rear upper control arm AHC bracket bent? Maybe you damaged the rear sensor/bracket during the spring install?

Yes it looked bent for sure. I picture is actually after I straightened it out. I have since straightened it a bit more. Still no dice.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it hung straight down or at an angle to begin with.

Rear height sensor in Techstream says 7.2

Last edited:
It took me like 20 tries to program another key because the timing of the way I did each step. Maybe step away for a while and try to clear it manually later following the steps in the other thread to the T?

@Coin This might sound silly... But did you disconnect the sensor? Check if you have a bad connection.

I have unplugged and plugged back in about 3 times now. Not a bad thought though.

So if my height sensor is reading the height in Techstream, that should mean the sensor in OK, right?

You may need to disassemble the sensor and inspect for damage. Additionally if both ends of the plug look ok, you may need to check wire continuity from the plug to the next available plug.

OK, I'll try that next. I went for a quick drive and as soon as I hit 20 mph the AHC "off" light started flashing.

I was thinking it could be a bad connection.

I don't have Volume 2 to look it up... :confused:

So I removed teh sensor and noticed that the metal tab on teh outside of the sensor that acts as a backstop between extreme positions of teh sensor was bent over to one side, which wouldn't allow the sensor to move in its intended range. I attached pics to show the bent tab and tehe limitation of movement for the sensor. It should stop just before touching the little circles with springs in them.

I bent the tab back straight, bolted it up, and was able to clear the code in Techstream. My AHC now works again. The ass is a bit too high, but I'll just adjust the sensor down a bit to get it where it should be.

As usual, thank for the tips everyone! I love this place!

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (5).jpeg

Well, I've adjusted the sensor to the bottom of the bracket, and the rear of the truck is still to high. measurements are 22" from center of hub to fender. It's making my rear pressure sit as 7.0, and that extra 1/2 would help get my pressure in check. Especially since I added the rear springs specifically to lower my rear pressure!
I don't want to pull the sensor again, but maybe I put it together a little off center or something?

How new is your AHC fluid?

I pulled the sensor and cleaned it with alcohol. The sensor looks great, but I'm still high.

There is only one rear sensor, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom