New Prado, new face. Greetings from Japan! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't run a skinny tire on a wide wheel. You want at least.5" or 1" on each side

Here is mine with the 17x8.5 - 6 offset. They do poke a little but i think its acceptable with the STmaxx 255/75-17 tires i'm running.

Those basically stick out the same as a 17x9 ±0 which is what I'm thinking looks ideal. (12.25mm less wide wheel, 6.125mm less on each side, -6mm offset and it's only a .125mm difference)

Can't see the forest wheels for the trees tires? :lol: How wide are those wheels?

The other issue here is we can't pass the biannual inspection (and likely to get pulled over) if the tires stick out past the fenders. What's why you see crazy fender flares on trucks here as well as skinny tires stretched over wide wheels on cars here.

Those basically stick out the same as a 17x9 ±0 which is what I'm thinking looks ideal. (12.25mm less wide wheel, 6.125mm less on each side, -6mm offset and it's only a .125mm difference)

Can't see the forest wheels for the trees tires? :lol: How wide are those wheels?

The other issue here is we can't pass the biannual inspection (and likely to get pulled over) if the tires stick out past the fenders. What's why you see crazy fender flares on trucks here as well as skinny tires stretched over wide wheels on cars here.

Exactly! The biannual(shaken) is a PITA for us here in Japan.... So I'm also looking for the ideal set up so that the tires don't stick out pass the fenders. 17" x 9" is good?

Exactly! The biannual(shaken) is a PITA for us here in Japan.... So I'm also looking for the ideal set up so that the tires don't stick out pass the fenders. 17" x 9" is good?

yes, ±0 seems ideal, -12 is what I wish I could go to but I think with tires on them shaken will be an issue.

yes, ±0 seems ideal, -12 is what I wish I could go to but I think with tires on them shaken will be an issue.

I think...I'm looking at KMC Rockstar 2's 17 x 8J +10 at the moment with 265 or 275/70/17 Terra Grapplers. ¥180,000 for the package on Yahoo Auciton from Fuji Corp.

17 x 8 + 10 will have the wheels sunk in about another inch from 17x9 ±0. Will still look good, just less aggressive. (though you are making up for that with the tires) You should browse the wheel fitment thread til you see one you like.

My Prado arrived today from another prefecture. Went to have a look. Looks fantastic! Super clean. Wheels, tires and lift being ordered probably tomorrow. Took a couple quick pics but I'll have more once I drive it away.

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

Just picked up my new to me Prado! Took it straight to the shop to have my new wheels/tires installed. And then immediately parked it to catch a bullet train to Tokyo for a gig...
Lift and custom audio to come very soon.

2008 Toyota Prado 42,000kilos (1 owner whom took super good care of it) Still has the plastic on the floor board area and dash!?
Wheels: MKW MK-46 Gloss Black
Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17
Lift: Coming Soon

5F11B88A-54E1-43E3-93E6-6878A26353E0.jpeg

8737CF75-4741-42F2-92EA-7E8E9B152154.jpeg

0D118CC1-AB65-4CBE-A612-B27FCF143754.jpeg

5948B31C-2D17-4A34-BB3D-5C0009D32CAF.jpeg

581E30A9-6745-49E6-A31B-C1AF081596DE.jpeg
Several new small upgrades to share with my Prado.

Found a way to mount the IPad Pro when I need it. Kids and NFL Gamepass.
I used some magnets and it holds perfect over bumps and down the highway.

I also did a steering swap. It’s a bit smaller than stock and feels great.

New blacked out smoked LED side markers and some TRD badges and another brand(dear to my heart)of rubber floor mats.

I also contacted AJT Deisgns and had the send me a set of their shift knobs. TRD engraved and the right pattern for my T-case. These are a serious nice touch to the interior and feel great.

SPC UCA’s are sitting here and new lift on the way.

47D40370-8461-4FCB-A2A7-4FF902F205CF.jpeg

66D1BBEF-D615-4863-A3C4-2C5DFD44549D.jpeg

CA4F446E-3658-420B-8A4D-B3F3DCAA81E6.jpeg

Looks good! Love the all black. Looks killer.

So what did you do with the old steering wheel and shifter knobs? Assuming they are all black, and in decent shape--how much you want for them? :D

OEM shifters are black. OEM steering wheel is dark grey I guess. Same as the airbag in the photo. Not sure I’m going to sell them yet though.

image.jpeg
Konnichiwa from Columbus Ohio. What kind of Harley are you running over there?
I was in Hokkaido last year around this time. Harley's have a loyal following over there.

Last edited:
Konnichiwa from Columbus Ohio. What kind of Harley are you running over there?
I was in Hokkaido last year around this time. Harley's have a loyal following over there.

Nice. I’ve got an Ultra Limited. And your right, there are several over here.

7D0A67DF-478F-477B-8434-2EE172F3CFE6.jpeg

Very nice. Are you a HOG club member? Looks nice over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom