New Prado in US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My neighbor is a landcruiser person and this Prado just showed up in their driveway. I thought this sort of car had to be 25 years old or more to be imported to the US. How is this possible?!

He bought a Prado badge from eBay and stuck it on his gx?

Yes, seems like it.

I was thinking of doing that with a 10-13 GX460 to the landcruiser Prado. There is a silver trim that wraps around license plate that says land cruiser for prado 150 which would look legit on a gx460 paired with a toyota badge... it would look legit

land_cruiser_prado_5.jpg

0005c1db3f3d-4ea6-4122-8.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting a prado badge for my GX. It would be cool but I would keep the Lexus badging too, kind of sets my GX apart because almost nobody expects a lifted, armored lexus.

+1 to badge swap. It still has the V8 badge, which was not available in the Prado (if wikipedia is to be believed).

LOL, while I swap Lexus bits on my Prado.

If (or rather when) I ever move back to the states, I soooo want to "facelift" a GX with the Prado chuuki front....

nengun-0000-01-toyota-oem_parts_-_land_cruiser_prado_-_j150-1f686321.png

Not the biggest fan of the latest change though...

0-451707.jpg

First time I had ever seen/heard of 120 series Prado's was when I saw them all over the place on a trip to Sri Lanka.
84F3B0F7-BAE9-43FD-ACB2-59670CC0ACFA.jpeg

I got the hint on the GX back in 2008 in Trinidad. Once I got home I researched and bought my GX to build it as a Prado in late 2009/early 2010. Ahhh, memories!

Just spotted today ony way home from the hardware store, lol 🤣
prado badged GX
PXL_20210502_200432358.jpg

I travel too much for work to places where Prados are everywhere.

Wasn’t in the US but saw this customization in the Dominican Republic last month that I hadn’t seen before. Thinks these will fit a 460 but not the 470.

IMG_5082.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom