New members New members! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my first cruiser, i bought it for the purpose of getting my wife and three young boys outside more often. This will be on a pretty tight budget as I only have 2100 to throw at it. I have done spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button, fuel filter and working on a coolant flush right now. It has 276k but runs fairly well. Teddy provided me with the front bumper for free which helped out my budget.

Cleaned up the bay last week.
20160713_201711.jpg

This is my first cruiser, i bought it for the purpose of getting my wife and three young boys outside more often. This will be on a pretty tight budget as I only have 2100 to throw at it. I have done spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button, fuel filter and working on a coolant flush right now. It has 276k but runs fairly well. Teddy provided me with the front bumper for free which helped out my budget.
So what's on the list to do/What are you needing?

Head Gasket been done?

Welcome Brandon. I am the guy you saw at BI-LO in Greer with the White 78 40. I'm glad you found the site and joined the club. My schedule has been hectic to I haven't made many meetings lately and missed the annual but I hope to be able to make it to upcoming meetings. I need to get by your shop and see your 40.

Jeff

I have been to one monthly and the swap meet this summer. Looking forward to being more active in the group!

Its green with tan interior. No idea on the head gasket or any other maintenance. The car fax shows that it lived in metro atlanta most of its life and passed emissions testing through 255k miles. the cats have been replaced with a straight pipe. On the list of what i need is tires to start. The fronts are mostly shot. One of the a/c lines needs to be replaced. The front seats are bad enough to need covers which is fine with me. I am not concerned with looks so long as it is reliable and trail ready.

Its green with tan interior. No idea on the head gasket or any other maintenance. The car fax shows that it lived in metro atlanta most of its life and passed emissions testing through 255k miles. the cats have been replaced with a straight pipe. On the list of what i need is tires to start. The fronts are mostly shot. One of the a/c lines needs to be replaced. The front seats are bad enough to need covers which is fine with me. I am not concerned with looks so long as it is reliable and trail ready.
I got Cabela's seat covers after spying them on @Teddy 's 80 and have been very pleased....for $20 a seat you should give them a try!

Well this thread is moving slow like my progress, so here is where i'm at today.
20160830_163738.jpg

Not much has changed besides a lil wheel cleaning and a 1" spring spacer up front to level it out a bit. I've been working on removing some of the faded wood trim too.
20160830_163812.jpg

Also finally got around to getting my pintle hitch set up. Still have to get the top bolts.
20160830_163830.jpg

And finally been cleaning the interior, mostly it gets used by my 3 small boys as thier fort.
20160830_163935.jpg

We will have our monthly gathering at Quaker Steak & Lube on Thursday, September 22nd at 6pm! Look to see you there!
upload_2016-9-2_11-24-39.png

You know what they say.... pics or it didn't happen!
Agreed! So the 80 in the pics above that you recently purchased is gone and you upgraded? Can't wait to hear about this! If you sold locally recruit the new owner to join Upstate Cruisers and let him know about Trollhole's for repairs beyond his capabilities!

The sale was local here in Anderson, and yes I already dropped the bug in his ear about Upstate Cruisers and Trollhole's. I'll be posting pics at some point this week.

Nice! Give us some details on it and more pics!! Would recommend (@deloachman would probably agree) losing the running boards but sometimes the wife says no and that's understandable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom