New member looking for first LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you can get it for 15-15.5, I don't think it's a bad of a price for an 06, non AHC, southern Hundy, as long as it's in good shape when you get there in person. Maybe a little on the higher side, but not insane. If it's sketchy, run away.

There's not a TON of those out there, it doesn't have AHC, VVTi motor, etc.

Up north here in the rust belt, 04s with 160-170k are regularly in the 13-14k range, if you can even find them.

ahh s*** I thought I wrote it... U shouldn't have offered anything on the phone.... U gotta offer (with money in pocket)when your there after driving and inspecting it yourself... Dealers get crazy when you flash green... If I were u id go there abd inspect it drive it and pull out the cash and say 14 right now with another 1000 in reserve.... Btw dealers go off of Nada value because that is the standard that banks use to finance cars not kbb.. That doesn't mean they won't sell for less then Nada but when people bring up kbb to dealers they roll their eyes...

I considered that side of it, but knowing that I wasn't coming super close to their asking price I didn't really want to waste 6 hours of my time driving there and back if they weren't flexible at all on the price. They haven't had the truck long, so I figured they may be pretty stingy thinking the next person would pay more. NADA value shows $14,425 for avg and $16,050 for clean, so we'll see what they say...hopefully will find out more today.

Also, can't believe I didn't notice this up front, but it doesn't look like the third row seats are shown in any of the photos. That could be a little bit more price leverage if they don't have them, though I'd like to have the seats even though they won't be used very often. Anyone here have any experience trying to find third row seats? Are they interchangeable between all 100 models (assuming same interior color)?

negotiating on the phone without seeing/driving the truck is like trying to bang your chick through the phone... its not about wasting time. you gotta put time in to find the right LC.. not having the rear seats are def another price gouge... your right about them not having it long... but some dealers will jump if you have cash... but you gotta put in some work.

Wanted to thank everyone here again for the help! The dealer ended up having to replace one of the cats on this truck apparently and wouldn't budge from their $17k price. BUT...I was able to find another Thundercloud '06 with 160k on the clock down in Tampa and flew down yesterday to check it out. 2 owners, great service history at the dealer, clean carfax, etc. When I got there it wasn't quite as clean as it looked in the dealer photos, but still in great shape - nothing to keep me from driving her back home last night!

There are some things that need to be taken care of (fender flares, broken roof rack, rotors need to be turned or replaced, tires soon), but overall the ride back was really smooth! A couple obligatory (crappy iPhone) photos below:

Great find! They all need some type of work. I have been working on little things ever since I bought my last year. Getting ready to change the oil for the first time today.

Congrats on the new rig. Regarding the color, looks like you may have Sonora Gold vs. Thundercloud.

Thanks guys!

@aging fleet the lighting is just a little weird in the pics, it does make it look a little gold but it's thundercloud

@future1 paid $18.5k, originally listed at $20k...still may have overpaid a little for the mileage (160k) but was happy with the service history, no rust, clean interior/exterior, etc. Happy with the decision so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom