New landcruiser to BC, new member! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

35s! I have about a 4'' lift on mine and wish I had 35s.They make the truck look way better. You probably won't have to re-gear if you don't want to. Lot's of guys don't until they get to 37s. You could probably fit 37s with a 5'' lift though. It becomes quite more expensive at that point.

AT or MT? I'd go with a mild mannered MT since I'm betting your cruiser will be a dd/explorer. I'm running Yokohama MTs and I'm really happy with them. Your average AT is just too mild for our wet West Coast.

Thanks for the suggestions dude. I'm leaning towards LT315/75R16 Duratrac (Goodyear Wrangler). These are 35s I believe. They apparently have pretty good traction and also have snow capability, which is actually more important to me than mud capability. The cruiser is going to be a highway tripper/explorer not so much a dd.

1010 tires can get them for $289 each, the local shop here wants $329, and is offering a $100 discount (on all 4). Not terribly bad I guess. It's actually slightly cheaper (about $60) to buy them here. Here is the review: http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Goodyear&tiremodel=Wrangler+DuraTrac

Goodyear_WranglerDuraTrac_lg.jpg
gdyvl6_ang_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah they look good. Are you going to buy a matching spare? If so you might want to think about getting some sort of cover for it if you have a rear tire carrier. Mine has been sitting up there for a while and it has some sun cracks. If it's just a used tire then whatever.

Yeah they look good. Are you going to buy a matching spare? If so you might want to think about getting some sort of cover for it if you have a rear tire carrier. Mine has been sitting up there for a while and it has some sun cracks. If it's just a used tire then whatever.

Yeah, likely. The one on there now is too small as is, so it'll be completely useless once I get the new tires.

So today I finished up the truck pre-inspection... installed the 4 DOT reflectors, my buddy rigged up a license plate light for me, (there wasn't one), fixed the spacing for the 2 plates (jdm plates holes are different than NA), and a couple of us removd the GROSS purple, peeling and bubbling aftermarket tint of the back hatch windows.

Does anyone know where I can find the remote unit for the factory winch? I looked everywhere... it's not in the truck.

I have one.

First, find out what one costs new, then contact me afterwards and you won't be shocked at my price.

The winch can also be retro-fitted to take a Warn controller and plug kit (I have them in stock).

~John

And the air filter, which is a BRAND NEW K&N reusable filter. It's so new there is no dust on it yet.

Congrats on the new Cruiser.

If you're going to be in a dusty environment, then either put a foam wrap around that filter or donate it to the local garbage bin.

The factory air filter is excellent and a K&N is a liability to the turbo.

~John

I remember when I had this much excitement for mine. I can't wait until I find a truck:)

Hey John where can I get a wrap for my K&N?

I got one from a generic parts store...had one of the cone type filters ( all that would fit) wrapped it in the foamy thing and soaked the bejesus out of it with the oil...

then hoped it filtered half as well as the factory paper one...:rolleyes:

(congrats on the truck passing! I was bemoaning my old clunker today as I was pounding down the nitinat road....might be time for something with coils...)

New pics coming soon. How much for the factory and for the warn remotes John? Where can I pick up a factory filter?

The Warn controller and plug kit is $132.

The factory controllers... are like $1200 (yes, really, and that's *if* you can even find one).

~John

K&N Airforce Foam Pre-Cleaners for Extending the Service Life of a K&N Air Filter in Extreme Dust

found these. They say the foam pre-filter filters out 90% of the dirt in the air with only a 2% restriction on airflow to the filter itself. That sounds pretty good to me. They there is the actual filter itself for the rest of the filtering.

On my way to Lordco in the morning.

Thanks for the good info. Any luck getting it from Lordco? I'm going there tonight / tomorrow for one as well - and for some new gas shocks for my hatch.

Yes Lordco has them or at least can get them the next day type of thing if not in stock. For $35 I bought one that you wrap yourself then cut and velcro. It is enough material for 2 or 3 seperate pre-filters.

I've seen a pile of those gas shocks on Ebay and they might be cheaper...

Cool, thanks for the help guys. That elec winch link is great! I'm picking up a warn remote and plug from Radd when I'm in Duncan on Monday.

The meat isn't isntalled yet, looking at Friday or Saturday hopefully. Right now I'm running wussyPup's spares :)

I'll be at the meet tonight (probably at about 8) if you want to see the new cruiser in person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom