New guy in NH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new 80 series owner that has also recently moved to New England. I'm in southern New Hampshire. I'd love to meet some of the other Land Cruiser owners in the area and learn as much as I can!

Obligatory pictures of my rig:

Welcome. Nice 80! It's already been deflared.

Welcome, great looking 80! I'm in Boston.

Thanks @4Beast !

Hey... were any of you guy at the Hannafords in Hampstead yesterday? I parked next to a maroon 80 that had a color matched ARB front bumper.

Hey guys,
I just requested to join the "Yankee Toys" private forum. Do any of you guys get together for wrenching days? I'm trying to decide whether I put fender flares on or do the bed liner option and would love to get feedback from some locals.

Hey guys,
I just requested to join the "Yankee Toys" private forum. Do any of you guys get together for wrenching days? I'm trying to decide whether I put fender flares on or do the bed liner option and would love to get feedback from some locals.
That all depends on your goals for the rig.

Hey, thanks for your interest in the club.
Have you filled out an application to join the club yet?

I say ditch the flares.. they make a nice home for moisture and dirt/salt that will eventually make rust.

Thanks for the replies, you guys. Seems like you have a pretty active club here!

@landtank
I'd love to stop by and help out here and there... I've also heard that you were working on some caster plates for lifts less than 4 inches. I'd love to learn about that too.

@Wrench
The goals for this rig will be to replace my Tacoma as the family wheeling rig, adventure vehicle, and general road trip vehicle. Overall, I'd like it to be capable (which I think will be fairly easy) but also be somewhat nice so, when I'm at work it come across as a beater. Maybe I'll have to just bite the bullet and have a body shop fill the holes and paint?

@rain76king The only reason I was considering putting flares back on was to avoid rust. If they collect salt, I think I'd be better off with a different option. Thanks for the heads up on that.

@Rattlewagon Do you think they'll still come if I wanted some help with rebuilding the front axle? Maybe a general inspection day would be a good first move...

Thanks again for your responses. I look forward to meeting you guys soon.

Im doing a front aclw rebuild wigh diff rebuild this weekend. cancel your plans LOL
Man, I wish I was in town this weekend! I'd love to get some hands on experience. Are you rebuilding your own or helping someone out? I was thinking about rebuilding mine in late summer/early fall... when work calms down a bit. Could I persuade you (any of you) to swing by and help out then?

For the most part im a wrench for hire.
I'll have to keep that in mind! (especially if my injured shoulder ends up needing surgery)

On a related note... would any of you guys be interested in a get together/intro meet? I'd be happy to host and would love to meet other cruiser guys. I'd also like to get some experienced eyes on my rig and get opinions on mods and trails etc.

I am in Dunstable, MA. Not sure if you are close, but we could meet up.
That would be fun... looks like you're only 40 minutes away. I'm over in Hampstead, NH.

Welcome! Nice rig!

Welcome! Nice rig!
Thanks! You've got a 1HD-T too! Do you ever get up north to the NH state line area? I'd love to check it out!

Also, have you guys all extended your diff breathers? I've been reading about a couple of different methods to do this. Do you guys have any suggestions on which way is the right way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom