New Guy - G'day Everyone! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!

I bought my 1984 HJ60 a few months back for a bit of a bargain. She was pretty much stock except for a bullbar and a saggy Old Man Emu lift. She even had the 2H fully rebuilt 4,000KM's ago.

IMG_2176.jpeg

Maybe the bargain was too good to be true... She wouldn't start one morning I thought it was the starter motor... Turns out when the 2H was rebuilt they didn't really know what they were doing. All 6 bore sleeves were damaged when installed. Number 2 being the worst and actually breaking and going all the way through the engine. There was a full page of other problems with the rebuild as well...

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2484.jpeg

I was very lucky to find an amazing mechanic who has rebuilt her again and while at it chucked a turbo on as well.

She's now running like a dream and I've never had more enjoyment driving a car.

IMG_2414.jpeg

I've treated her to a new Old Man Emu kit and a few other goodies. I'm sure there will be plenty more bits and pieces to come.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:
The official greeting and I have to say that is a nice looking rebuild! What are the particulars of the turbo and what did your guy do to the motor to handle the turbo?

welcome aboard!! nice looking truck.

I dream of the day when my fj62 has a diesel powerplant.

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:
The official greeting and I have to say that is a nice looking rebuild! What are the particulars of the turbo and what did your guy do to the motor to handle the turbo?
The kit that was installed is a High flow GT28 turbocharger and Full exhaust. Its running 8.5PSI of boost. They also installed an Engine Watchdog temperature gauge and Redarc Boost and EGT gauge to keep an I eye on everything.

Sounds like it was done right this time. Look forward to seeing the build up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom