New guy from Fresno, 91 TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up my first TLC. "Jack" is going to need some love. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys. And yes I know how to use the search function! Lol
IMG_20170224_200746835_BURST001.jpg

Welcome! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
A couple guys you need to search and watch for are:
@jonheld
@LS1FJ40

They seem to really like the 91-92 version with the 3FE engine. No, you DON'T have to worry about the head gasket problem that the rest of us do. That's 93+.

275k on the clock, only mods to date are the pioneer deck and roof rack. Putting new tires on him today, kuhmo AT's. Next up with be servicing the diffs and getting the AC working. It gets up to 115 where I live and stays close to 100 for eight months out of the year.

I picked it up for pretty cheap (2k), I'm sure others have had better finds but for this area that's pretty good.

I filled him up and so far I have 145 miles of driving. Not sure if the typical range of these puppies.

I love how it drives! Feels super solid. And my girls love sitting in the third seat with the windows slid back.

Congrats!

Tell them not to get to excited about the 3rd row seats because you'll end up removing them to make room for the upcoming drawers and fridge mods. :p

91-92 are the best years of 80s. And that is the best color of 80s.

$2k is a good deal for a California 80 that runs. Give her a little love and enjoy the sh!t out of it.

As for your mileage. 91-92 have the 3FE. It gets slightly sh!ttier gas mileage than the 93-97. You will hear stories of 17-18 mpg but they are poppycock. Unless they have a diesel. "Normal" mpg for my 92 is 11-12.

Check out @jonheld's website. On the left hand side there is a 3FE tune up link. Do it. Use OEM Toyota parts.

Jon knows everything about these rigs. I know maybe 5% of what he knows. Read his posts. Absorb what he has to say. If you have an issue and he's helping you figure it out, listen and do what he says.

Strife

Welcome! :flipoff2:

Ditto on the 91 engine. I love my 3FE! My gutless, horrible mpg, 291,000 mile 3FE!!! Welcome to the club!

I'm out in Hanford. Love seeing knew 80 owners in the area.

I'm up the hill in Oakhurst. Welcome to Mud. Everything you need to know is here.

I like my 3fe as well. Slow and steady!

Awesome, always nice to have some local guys. Anybody have a passenger side head light assembly?? Lol

Welcome! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
A couple guys you need to search and watch for are:
@jonheld
@LS1FJ40

They seem to really like the 91-92 version with the 3FE engine. No, you DON'T have to worry about the head gasket problem that the rest of us do. That's 93+.
I have learned quite a little bit to as my truck is a 1992. These two guys' posts can pretty much answer about any questions you have. Make sure you check out the 3FE owners check in too. Good luck with the new ride. Mine is the same color as yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom